Yeti GOBOX Collection

someone stop me - planning an antelope hunt

I know - and gas

that's why I am starting to walk out there starting 1 June
and while walking I will pick up the best "throwing rocks" I can find
then I'll lay in ambush at a water hole or other place - and try to knock one in the head

should work🤔
Look for a steep drop-off and get with some buddies to hide behind several piles of rocks at the top of the drop-off and be sure to wear coyote skins. No throwing rocks needed. Bonus, meat tenderizing begins as the pronghorn has sudden deceleration at bottom of the drop. Yes, I am a problem-solver.

Look for a steep drop-off and get with some buddies to hide behind several piles of rocks at the top of the drop-off and be sure to wear coyote skins. No throwing rocks needed. Bonus, meat tenderizing begins as the pronghorn has sudden deceleration at bottom of the drop. Yes, I am a problem-solver.

sounds like a great cost saving neanderthal plan,,, except for this part

get with some buddies

ain't got no buddies that will do boondoggles,,, I'm a loner in that aspect

Back in 2013 we didn't draw elk in WY, so we put our points we had saved since 2007 towards deer and antelope. I drew a LE deer unit and my Dad and uncle drew Region tags. We all drew Special antelope tags.

I started hunting deer archery on Sept 23, and an early snow storm pushed me off the mountain on the third day. I lost 2 days to weather before we managed to get out to hunt antelope on the desert 80 miles away from my deer unit. I killed that evening and my father and uncle killed the next day.

We moved camp (for the 3rd time) to a house about 40 minutes from my unit. Killed my buck on the Second day of the rifle season. My dad and uncle never did get a real chance to fill their region deer tags. I think I was gone from home a total of 14 days and actually hunted effectively 3 or 4 days. Travelling to WY, moving camp and weather are time sucks....

got other states built up as well - and I finally realized at my age (not ancient, but I break the 60 mark in a few weeks) I need to HUNT and not just PLAN
Wood moose I am in a similar situation. Just turning 60, freshly retired and over 600 PP/bonus points. I won’t go into my lack of luck this year but I do have Colo and Wy pronghorn tags and hoping for a SD deer tag. I hope I can live long enough and be able to walk strong enough to use these points. Good luck to you.

Wood moose I am in a similar situation. Just turning 60, freshly retired and over 600 PP/bonus points. I won’t go into my lack of luck this year but I do have Colo and Wy pronghorn tags and hoping for a SD deer tag. I hope I can live long enough and be able to walk strong enough to use these points. Good luck to you.

And good luck to you as well

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back