MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Somebody Got a Turkey!

TheTone

I started turkey hunting last year and I only made it out a couple times. Needless to say I didn't get one, but had an okay time. My cousin did get one last year and he had a blast so I decided I'd give it another go this year and it paid off today, my first day out this year. We tried a couple spots in the morning and got set up on two birds but one just shut up all together and the other started climbing a ridge away from us, I think he was henned up a little bit and didn't have a whole lot of interest in us. At the last spot we decided to try we hiked through a patch of trees to a field edge and didn't get any responses so we started heading back to the pickup. We were almost back to the truck when we got a response and close, unfortunately we were in a jungle. We made it to the best opening we could and he was coming in hot. He popped into a small opening at about 20 yards and I let him have 1 7/8 ounces of #4 and I had my first turkey. He turned out to be a jake with about a 2-3" beard and just some bumps for spurs, but I had to start somewhere. Heres the pics guys.

Attachments

• Turkey3 resize.jpg
    Turkey3 resize.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Trophy Shot.jpg
    Trophy Shot.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 158
Tone,
Nice, you gotta start somewhere. Now you've broken the ice and can wait for that old LB.
WD

great job! very green there already! leave not out yet here in WI

Thanks guys. After this coming sunday I can start working on number 2, maybe I'll try to hold out for a big one on my second tag. I had to throw in the second picture with the over the sholder carry, it seems to be the stereotypical turkey "trophy shot". You're right schmalts it is pretty green and this has been a really dry year so far, we had very little winter and snowpack in lots of the area this year. We are starting to catch up a little bit on precip but I think it may be too little too late. Most of the green up has come in the past week or two.

Hi friend
The disease chief of the National Institutes of Health and the head of the centers for disease control and prevention, among others said he would use information gleaned from his trip to work. tamiflu is very harmfull problem, for the use of it use tamiflu drug for more tamiflu drug information see- http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3353-s-tamiflu.aspx use it.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fossil Ridge
Back