Soggy morning and deaf antelope.

brockel

Took the wife and kids out this beautiful rainy morning to try and find the wife a buck and a doe. Spotted a herd bedded below a hill so we circled around the hill. Between the two kids peaking their heads up and down over the ridge like prairie dogs and the two year old making horse noises the whole time and then laughing at me when I’d tell her to be quiet I can’t believe we didn’t blow the group out of there but they held tight. We peak over the hill and the group is bedded down 200 yards away with the biggest buck bedded facing away. We sat there for a few more minutes sounding like a group of horses and lookin like prairie dogs when the does started getting nervous. Told the wife to get ready for the buck to stand. Just as I said that the gun goes off and I look over to see the smaller buck laying there dead. She said she wasn’t taking any chances and when he stood she took him. The group ran off and one doe made the mistake of stopping just shy of 350 and she dropped her too. 7mm-08 131 grain hammer hunter
A70B540A-45FB-4505-B556-E22353B64886.jpeg99CF756F-74F9-491D-8FB8-C539E273FA96.jpeg3B5611A8-563C-4ED8-A822-4A388DF31F3E.jpeg

Just as we get back into town the babysitter calls which are really like the girls third set of grandparents. She’d just made caramel rolls and had a pan for us. If you had ever ate at Sakelaris’s Kitchen back in the day in Baker Montana then you’ve had these things which are amazing
A3D39AE1-BEA5-4F7D-90C4-8D8893B1A13F.jpeg

Congrats to you and the Mrs, hell to the entire family👍🏻 Having used to take my three daughters with at that age I feel ya…but instead of p-dogs my motley crew was more like a ferret colony!😖

Those caramel rolls look amazing. Good job on the pronghorn too!

Chris and his wife made yummy caramel rolls

Congrats sounds like you got quite the sharp shooter on your hands. Those rolls look like a thing of beauty!

Blue beanie was just the ticket to keep those curious pronghorn around long enough for a shot. Both my wife and I enjoyed your description of the stalk and the picture of the Hunting crew is awesome. Showing the picture of the caramel rolls was just cruel. Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Heck ya buddy!! Congrats to the wife on some fine shooting and filling the freezer.

Man o' man, do those rolls look amazing.

Congratulations to the whole prairie doggin group of antelope stalkers and shooters.

PS: hurrah for deaf antelope

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back