Caribou Gear Tarp

So nobody cares .....

Havent had much time to watch the NHL. Been busy coaching a bunch of little guys this size. I'm going to have to agree that until you try it, hockey is a hard game to respect. I started playing a few years ago, and it is the best sport ever in my book. Watching your kids play, even better.

2013-03-12 21.08.31.jpg

I don't understand the rules, like icing? Keep thinking I need to learn but can't find a good teach. I dunno, looks interesting but like any game if you don't understand, it don't mean nuthin'??

Yeah the rules can be tough to learn unless you can watch a game with someone who knows hockey and can explain it as they are playing. Icing can be confusing cuz the linesman uses his own judgement somewhat. Icing is basically this... You have to advance the puck to center ice (red line in the middle of the rink) before you can shoot it past the goal line (red line extending out from goal). If you fail to get to center ice and shoot it past the goal line and the other team touches the puck before your team, icing is called. However, if the linesman feels that the opposing player could have reached the puck and played it before it crossed the goal line, he will "wave off" the icing. If you are called for icing, the faceoff will occur in your defensive zone (by your goalie). Also, you can not make substitutions prior to the faceoff if you iced the puck. I can see why it would be confusing to understand!

Yeah the rules can be tough to learn unless you can watch a game with someone who knows hockey and can explain it as they are playing. Icing can be confusing cuz the linesman uses his own judgement somewhat. Icing is basically this... You have to advance the puck to center ice (red line in the middle of the rink) before you can shoot it past the goal line (red line extending out from goal). If you fail to get to center ice and shoot it past the goal line and the other team touches the puck before your team, icing is called. However, if the linesman feels that the opposing player could have reached the puck and played it before it crossed the goal line, he will "wave off" the icing. If you are called for icing, the faceoff will occur in your defensive zone (by your goalie). Also, you can not make substitutions prior to the faceoff if you iced the puck. I can see why it would be confusing to understand!

Hey PFUNK I applaud your effort but if you would use English,it would be appreciated.;)

PFUNK, Ahhh ok I think I get it! Lets go have a beer and you can explain the rest of the game to me... better yet lets go watch a game??? where you at?

Nope. It's like soccer on ice. I don't get it. Lack of scoring. Not enough breaks for beer and bathroom run. Also inside so no sun.

Now fortunately baseball season is just around the corner. Go Cards!!

Went to a local game here in Great Falls and there was plenty of time for beer etc. Maybe just cuz I didn't get it? not involved?

We have hockey here.. some type of minor league franchise (some of the players refer to it as perdition;)). Have been to a few games and, IMO, they could've played the entire game without a puck and I wouldn't have known. I fully agree with the 'good athlete' remark.

Yes, I care. Love hockey. I have my little guy playing now and I just played in a coaches game tonight.

If you don't like hockey that means you don't know how to skate or you don't understand the rules.

Nah, scrabble, I enjoy the younguns playing and enjoying anything...the original question was about the NHL.

Sorry spook... Thats as close to english as I could muster! Webejmn I'm in Missoula. If the Maulers can pull off a win in Helena tomorrow I might go try to catch the game Saturday night if I am back from ice fishing in time.

Ahh, Ok I'm in Great Falls, Seems we have a team here also, maybe we could hook up for a game there. How bout 30th anything playing there? Going to be there for a bottling party at a distillery there. ???? By the way I understood it and it seemed like confusing english to me but I got it so no worrys!!

Last edited:
If you don't like hockey that means you don't know how to skate or you don't understand the rules.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As to the kids, good for you that's what us dads do. I've been to what seems like a million softball games,pianos recitals,choir concerts but like you and your boy playing hockey, I love every minute of it.:hump:

I can watch just about any level of baseball as I grew up playing it and played into college. I just love it. Hockey on TV I can't really appreciate as was posted, I never played or no the rules. That said, hockey live is a very fun time! I've only been to one NHL game and did enjoy myself. Plenty of time for beer. Plus I doubt there's many sports where the fans are as likely (or even more so) to get into fights as the players!

Soccer should be banned in this country. I have a standing rule in my house that soccer balls will NOT be bought by either myself or my wife. :D

1 P, there is only ONE team along the lakes up there that plays baseball. the one that continually kicks the cards rump.:D that other team, not so much. played ball the same way. into college. drafted, but nobody wants a catcher with bad knees.:(

go to a Hawks game sometime if you get a chance. if you ain't moved by the anthem up there, you must be dead. best I can do. even included the folks from above the frost line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_nQ-GNdo3E

Ha! There's not a team in that state the continually beats the Cards. One team throws the WS and the other never makes it to the WS! :D

If you got drafted, you were way better than I ever was. For me it was a lot like sex and hunting. I love doing it, but I'm not all that good at it. ;)

That said, there's not too many places more fun to watch baseball than Wrigley. Way cool. I wouldn't turn down a chance to go to a Hawks game, but I doubt I'd make a trip for it.

TV is not designed for Beisbol , or for that matter, Futbol.....you are only seeing 1/10 of what is going on.....hockey , on the other hand shows at least 90% of what is going on!
Bouncyball shows about 60%.....

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back