Yeti GOBOX Collection

Snowys vs the Madres

Wow! I’ve only fished the salmon run once, on the American River in California when I was a kid, and it looked like that but maybe half as many!
Yeah, crazy. Not my preferred kind of fishing, but I've done it. The crowding is intense and annoying, but you can stand in that river for a couple of hours and watch a hundred huge Chinooks and Cohos swim by you, roostertailing up the riffles, when they're coming in. Pretty cool to watch!

I’ve hunted both and shot elk in both. I own a cabin in the Snowy’s and primarily hunt the Snowys for that reason. You will see elk and you will see plenty of orange. To me the trees at the madres are a little less stacked/bunched together which gives more shooting lanes.

I’ve hunted both Wilderness area’s in each mountain range and still see people. This year we were in one of the Wilderness areas and saw so many elk. Saw a group of guys on horseback and a few pairs of guys. Each were far enough that we didn’t affect each other.

I hunt regardless I am respectful to people that are already in the spot I was going to and will do my best to talk to people at the trailheads if I see anyone to ensure I’m not going to be right on top of them. You will see elk and will have fun. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back