Snicker

BbarC

I get all kinda "tall tales"here in the gun shop. I just had a guy in that claimed to have killed an 800 pound cow in New Mexico. I get guys in all time that have killed a bull " that weighed a thousand pounds"!!!!! I have been around elk a long time and have never seen but one cow that weighed 700 pounds. Most BIG cows weigh 500-600 pounds. I have only see one bull that weighed over a thousand pounds and he was so fat he could hardly walk. Most big bulls weigh 700-800 pounds. Has anyone here acctually taken and weighed one of these 800 pound cows or 1000 pound bulls?? Ol Bob

Hell BOB, I shoot Spikes that weight 1,500# on the Hoof
wink.gif

Buuuahahaahah !!!

Bob, Six years ago on the White Mountain Apache Res. I shot a cow that at first we thought was a small bull. We had to get a visual confirmation on this animal to be sure is was a cow. After we trimmed all the meat off of this cow, it only wieghed 225 pounds. If you use the standard 33% rule. That wouold have made this cow about 675 pounds. That's smaller than average for a bull. I think the comparison between the big cow and the normal cows gave the impression that she was really larger than she apppeared. Before we weighed the meat, I would have sworn that she weighed at least 900 to 1000 pounds. After weighing the meat and checking that against the weight of the meat on a small bull, I can see that she probably wieghed closer to 650 or 700 pounds.

But then there was always the 1500 pound bull that Del almost hot in Texas......

cool.gif

my nefew an 4 other guys swears the cow he shot weighed 800 lbs i got a pic last week an its the skinnyist(sp)cow i ever seen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back