Smoker suggestions

WI avidhunter

A friend of mine is retiring and I'm looking at buying him a smoker as a gift. Anyone have any suggestions? I know nothing about smokers. I'm leaning towards propane and would like to keep the price around $500 or less.

I have a camp chef smoke vault that I really like. I have the 24" style propane. It works great and the cost is right around $350.

Traeger. Have another one of his buddies chip in a few dollars more, he won't be disappointed.

Appleton eh? Did some work for Kimberly Clark there a few years ago, went to this little bar named the Dirty Leprechaun. Had fun!

I have one of these, still going strong after 6 years. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Outdoors-Smoky-Mountain-20-x-34-Gas-Smoker/12429510

Best propane smoker out there for the money. Ribs, pork shoulders, sausages, jerky, fish, roasts, bacon, etc. it does it all. Do the ship to store for free and pick it up when it comes in. Four of my buddies have bought these smokers on my recommendation and all of them have been very happy with them. By far the best bang for the buck.

I have the same as Matt K. I will say that if he plans on smoking cheese I wouldn't buy one of these. I can't control the heat low enough and still get smoke. I would buy a Bradley for this if I were to buy another one.

Electric Smokers are the only way to go !! set the temp and the time and never have to check on it again other then add wood for more smoke I have used over 10 different smokers and I favor the Electric Smoker by master built bought at Cabelas smoked well over 200 lbs of summer sauage, jerky, beef sticks, pepperoni, etc... just last year !! Also buy a remote temp guage best investment to date for smoking/cooking just my 2 cents good luck !!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Mast.../1316456.uts?WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products $230.00

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cercek
Back