Smoke

We actually had some health warnings because of the smoke. Very hazy, can't really see the sun very well, and lots of people driving with their headlights on. In Illinois!

Is there any timeline for getting the fires under control? I sure hope it doesn’t last all summer. We had a lot of moisture this winter and I was hoping for a smoke free summer. Yesterday was as smoky as I’ve seen it here.
My grandpa used to tell me we lived in the a$$hole of America. If the snow and cold doesn’t drive out the transplants maybe a summer of smoke will.

I thought one of my neighbors was firing up the smoker the other night. Nope. We’ve got it down here in SE WY too.

We had late snow but barely any rain. Everything's dry as hell.

Smoke cleared up yesterday since we had a SW wind but it's shifting back so we're expecting more smoke tomorrow.

AB is still burning and we had some evacuations up North here too. She's hella dry!!!
Like no hope until October?

Like no hope until October?

Well let's hope we get some good rain and soon.

The should be some decent water in the ground but that only goes so far for crops. Last year was pretty dry my ways.

If anyone has any plans of coming up here to hunt, do it otherwise you'll always have a reason to postpone.

It’s really dry here too. The winter wheat started taking on a blue tinge in the last week.

Still a bit of snow on the ground in some places last weekend. Our lakes are overflowing and rivers are torrents. Good rain yesterday. We should be okay here for a while.

Been two days of smoke here in northern Wyoming, today is looking a little more clear.

We had more blow in today. Had been clear for a couple. Today is probably one of the smokiest if not the smokiest I have ever seen

The entire province of Alberta is under fire restrictions already - no open fires anywhere, even campgrounds in designated fire pits. Irrigation districts have water shortages. Fires are burning. And its only May.
When we were in AB and Eastern BC for spring break, all the folks we talked to were already nervous. Snowfall totals at the Banff area ski resorts and on the other side of the divide at Revelstoke and Kicking horse were in the 50% range of normal.

We could barely see our centerfielder last night during baseball it was so hazy. Going to be rough up there this summer. We had planned to go back to the Crowsnest this July but I think we’ll give it a rest (actually, we should probably go. I think they will need visitors, even ones that can’t fight fires)

Back