Yeti GOBOX Collection

smallsmont or mtsmalls?

smalls

As of Wednesday I am officially a resident of Montana (except for hunting and fishing licenses... 6 months |oo )

It isn't going to be too tough liking the area around Helena, but christ is there alot of granola bar eating, meth smoking hippies around here. I just went to the hippie coffee shop to use wireless and the chick who made my hot cocoa had longer armpit hair than I do. I wasn't too thirsty after that.

Now all I have to do is find a job...no hurries.

Welcome to Big Sky Country. All those hairy legged, tofu eating, meth abusing, granola types are the reason that I stay over East.

Anyway Congrats on the move and hope you will find something to occupy your time. That resident hunter deal will be kind of tough for you this fall but just wait until next year.

Nemont

Congrats on the move! You lucky dog!

If you think Helena is is full of unbathed hippies, I would recomend you keep at least 50 miles between you and Missoula! :D

As far as hunting goes, I think you can get a turkey tag or two, and a doe whitetail tag OTC and maybe a muledeer doe tag. Hey at least it hunting... pick up the bow and make it challenging...

I also think you can get a bear tag as well. You're well within driving distance of great bird hunting around there both upland and waterfowl. I'd call the fish and game and ask about left over antelope tags when they come out, you may be able to pick up one too... I don't know for sure though. If anything you'll get the whole season to get things lined out for next year.

Sounds like a good move....i can`t wait until my wife retires... its hell down here 110 degrees...congrats Smalls and good luck.

LMAO!!!!!
With the discription, I thought you were moving into Missoula... :D

Congrats on the move... :)

Let me know when you get down here, I'm in Helena quite often and can catch up with you.. :)

Good luck Smalls on the Job hunt and your move to hippie land! Must by some of the over flow from Missoula pouring into Helena. As long as they stay to the North, that will be O K with me!

Glad you made it to MT. Kinda spendy hunting this year, but if you want to throw a few bucks for a waterfowl stamp maybe we can work out a hunt on this side of the state (depending on big game hunting results). :D

Congrats on the move there smallsy! You'll be knee deep in tags next year no doubt! ....as for a job, get some business cards made for armpit braiding and start passing em' out- you'll have work in no time :D

I think between an idaho archery elk hunt this fall, waterfowling and flyfishing I can stay as busy as the wife will let me be. But I can't wait for next fall. I went for a drive last night and found a bunch of elk within 30 miles of town. Only two bulls, but to me they looked like B&C (anything with branched antlers looks to be about a 400" bull to me:D).

Elkchsr, let me know the next time you're in town and we can get all camoed up and see what kind of looks we get while sipping a Pinenut Grande Latte with oregeno sprinkles at the local starbucks.

Marv, thanks for the career advice.

mtmiller, I even travel with decoys...lots of them.

smalls said:
mtmiller, I even travel with decoys...lots of them.

Smalls,

I have a ton of Goose hunting fields and a spare room for you to crash out for a few days. Maybe we could even drag mtmiller east of Malta for a day or two. Oh yeah and Moosie mentioned something about coming over for a spoonie hunt. :D

Nemont

Elkchsr, let me know the next time you're in town and we can get all camoed up and see what kind of looks we get while sipping a Pinenut Grande Latte with oregeno sprinkles at the local starbucks.

LMAO!!! Thats a deal... :D

Alright Smalls......to bad will loose you as a Nodak'r, but your in great country that's for sure........I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to keep yourself occupied with........bet ya cant' wait for next year....

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back