Caribou Gear Tarp

Small Pleasures

We are on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC. This mornings simple pleasure was catching an assortment of fish. Here’s a few pics. Seems starfish and flying fish were biting everyone’s hooks. Got a double on starfish and the bigger ones in my hand are Florida Pompano which puts up a great fight for their size. FFB7643B-60C1-4ECC-B264-7A965D549891.jpeg0AF268B1-5DE0-47F3-B26F-FF692E5E1B05.jpeg738CA054-0269-4844-82A6-96E8F95A4017.jpegA99FD502-ECB8-4EAE-B0DC-6B8EE19F65C2.jpegEA69CD6C-C41D-4E09-9A5D-F1CCCAD010E7.jpegE8A085D8-6363-4E1B-B232-C24F92DEDB8C.jpeg36EB556F-6F28-4C41-A7D4-0E7B17605F08.jpeg

Awesome thread of blessings math.. I'm enjoying re-reading them.

I have also read and re read them and thank everyone for their contribution to the thread. In a world that sometimes looks and seems a bit crazy at times, each of the posts here remind us of what is really important to each of us.

thank you, all of you, so very much for sharing with us.

I guess I'm a little different from a lot of you since I don't have all of the awesome family stuff. I made a trip back home for a couple weeks with my youngest son and had an amazing time. I'm thankful for that. But, I don't have all of the cool grandkid stuff and spouse or significant other. It gets lonely sometimes.

I'm thankful for some awesome tags this fall. This is the first fall I'm really dealving into hunting a lot and heavy. I'm thankful for whoever donated my elk tag and an awesome deer tag in Wyoming.

I'm thankful for losing 35 pounds, but still have more to go. My back and knees really appreciate it.

I'm thankful that I don't wish I had died in Iraq anymore. That was a brutal burden to carry.

I'm thankful for HT. I have severely limited my social interaction since coming home from Iraq. HT has been a safe place for me. I've been welcomed and even not given up on in the past when I was a real asshole. I've met some amazing people, won some sweepstakes, hunted with Randy, but more than anything, I have made some amazing friends.

I'm thankful for my buddy Bobby who's helping me fix up my house and teaching me stuff I don't know to get my house on the market.

I'm thankful for my dogs who love me and are constant companions no matter what's going on in my life.

I'm thankful for April who humbles me when I think sometimes I've seen it all and think I'm a badass when she comes on with her stories and thoughts about life in general. I would love to sit around a campfire with her with an adult beverage and just listen to her tell stories.

I'm thankful for my friends who somehow know I'm not in a good way no matter how I try to hide it and reach out to me.

I'm thankful that I have things to be thankful about no matter how I think life sucks sometimes. I just need to sit back and reflect from time to time.

I guess I'm a little different from a lot of you since I don't have all of the awesome family stuff. I made a trip back home for a couple weeks with my youngest son and had an amazing time. I'm thankful for that. But, I don't have all of the cool grandkid stuff and spouse or significant other. It gets lonely sometimes.

I'm thankful for some awesome tags this fall. This is the first fall I'm really dealving into hunting a lot and heavy. I'm thankful for whoever donated my elk tag and an awesome deer tag in Wyoming.

I'm thankful for losing 35 pounds, but still have more to go. My back and knees really appreciate it.

I'm thankful that I don't wish I had died in Iraq anymore. That was a brutal burden to carry.

I'm thankful for HT. I have severely limited my social interaction since coming home from Iraq. HT has been a safe place for me. I've been welcomed and even not given up on in the past when I was a real asshole. I've met some amazing people, won some sweepstakes, hunted with Randy, but more than anything, I have made some amazing friends.

I'm thankful for my buddy Bobby who's helping me fix up my house and teaching me stuff I don't know to get my house on the market.

I'm thankful for my dogs who love me and are constant companions no matter what's going on in my life.

I'm thankful for April who humbles me when I think sometimes I've seen it all and think I'm a badass when she comes on with her stories and thoughts about life in general. I would love to sit around a campfire with her with an adult beverage and just listen to her tell stories.

I'm thankful for my friends who somehow know I'm not in a good way no matter how I try to hide it and reach out to me.

I'm thankful that I have things to be thankful about no matter how I think life sucks sometimes. I just need to sit back and reflect from time to time.
John thanks for your service and I for one am glad you made it back from Iraq. Hunt talk wouldn’t be the same without you.

John thanks for your service and I for one am glad you made it back from Iraq. Hunt talk wouldn’t be the same without you.
I'll second that. Don't know how many times I had to keep from spitting out my drink reading a post! Keep on keeping on, dude!

I started the year off with a mentorship hunt that ended up with "A" getting her first deer. Way better than getting one myself.

We successfully survived the stay at home, mandatory shut down of the dental office. I have been able to bring everyone back on staff when the restrictions were lifted. I am very thankful that it seems like all involved haven't been drastically hurt financially.

We had a great COVID style wedding (bridal party and family only) for our youngest, kansasdaughter2, and we look forward to ending the year with a New Years Eve COVID style wedding to install the last member of the crew, Brett, who will marry kansasdaughter1.

And I'm really looking forward to enjoying a week with kansasson in Wyoming next week. I hope the elk are feeling frisky and talking as we go about our antelope and deer plans in the Bighorns.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back