Sleeping pad suggestions?

The best combination of comfort, warmth and weight I have found is the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XTherm. Some people complain about the crinkly noise it makes when you move but it does not bother me.

The now discontinued Exped Downmat XP 9 is about twice as heavy as the XTherm but the most comfortable nights I have had in the woods have been on the Exped. It is about 2.5 pounds and it is 3.5” thick.

I bought the contoured one but I wish I had the Max. The extra width at the foot helps (my Exped is rectangular). But, it is a couple more ounces…

Of course, if I had goats carrying everything, I wouldn’t worry about those ounces and I would throw the Exped in. 😀
Another reason you need goats 😜
Matt

I like the Neoair Xlite large. It gives up 2.7 in R value for being 5 ounces lighter over the xtherm. I also carry full length z lite pad for glassing in the colder seasons or if there is snow on the ground and will double up for sleeping.

The best combination of comfort, warmth and weight I have found is the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XTherm. Some people complain about the crinkly noise it makes when you move but it does not bother me.
This ^^^^ plus a Big Agnes that has the sleeping pad holder ON the sleeping bag has been a game changer. Great sleep. No rolling around.

I did have one pop on me once in the Winds in WY. Luckily it was the last night of the trip but the climbing rope-as-a-sleeping pad was not comfy at all.

Just to clarify - get a Big Agnes Sleeping BAG (not pad). Their bags are amazing. Yes yes yes to the XTherm.
Good to know I just picked up their anivil horn with the pad holder and will pair it with the xtherm.

Depending on time and weather, I have a little foam roll, BA insulated Q-core SL, and an xtherm.
My experience with the one and only BA I’ve ever had have been wonderful. It’s a discontinued model though.
If it’s cold,cold the xtherm.

+1 for the XTherm (get the biggest rectangle one, it will piss off your tent mates though), even having the warmth in the summer is nice because it lets me run a lighter sleeping bag.

Ive had one for over 5 years and it still holds air

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back