Yeti GOBOX Collection

Sleeping bag advise please.

Just a thought. A lesson from Cold Weather Survival Training.

The bag is important. BUT, bed clothes are too. Use a skull cap, face mask if necessary, poly-pro underwear, light gloves and warm socks. You'll be nice and toasty (even without the redhead) using a lighter bag.

I'm also looking at a new bag and have seen some good reviews about the wiggys bags.Lifetime gaurantee on the insulation,Synthetic but not to heavy.

Ridge-
They are the best, as far as I'm concerned. While I love how light and fluffy down is, we all know how good it is if it gets wet.
Wiggy's is now in the process of making a new bag (more than likely to be called the Kifaru) that'll tip the scales at (I believe) about two and a half pounds, for less than $200.00.
Probably the most bag you can get for the money. I've got a three and a half pound Ultralight, and I love it...

YH.. Thanks for the info when is the new bag going to be on the market and what is the temp rating. I am leaning towards the superlite at -0 rating. Hows the Ultralight hold up in the cold below 20? As that sure would give you a better range without over heating in the warmer months.

RR-
The bags will be rated for 20 degrees, but Wiggy gives an HONEST rating, unlike others. That rating, by the way, is with a long john top and bottom- not fully dressed in warm clothes.
There's a great thread (two, actually) on this over at
www.kifaru.net
where absolutely everything is covered. Wiggy is designing this bag because of requests he has received from the Kifaru Website. While Jerry (Wiggy) is somtimes kinda gruff, he's also a man of integrity.

Hey YH,

Where's the link to Wiggy's bags? Couldn'y find it on the Kirafu site. Even though I just bought a bag, I'm interested in reading this. Wish I would have known b4 plopping 350 US on a North Face bag :( . BTW, it's me bubba from the nahc. ;)

Thanks YH Icalled him today but didn't get through to him. I'll try a bit later on.Looks like good stuff and a great warranty.

Kewl Stuff. If they practice what they preach, this may well be the best deal out there. I've never seen a guarantee like that!

Cam, let me know how the bag holds out in the cold, a freind is looking for a winter camping bag.

Frank (Bubba)(Pudge)-
I can already tell you-
A couple of years ago, we flew into a lake for our annual Moose hunting trip. My regular partner had a premium down bag, I had (cheapskate that I am...) the Canadian Army's double down bag system, and our other partner had a Wiggy's Superlight with overbag. Long story short, the mercury dropped, and two of us were so cold that we were cramping up at night, despite wearing varying amounts of dry clothing to bed. The guy with the Wiggy's bag slept in his gonch, and nothing else, and was toasty all night. The bastard...

Sold! I'm going to order the superlite 0 degree bag and try it out this fall season. Then if all plans go well and get the Colorado late season hunt next year I may order the overbag for it if I feel it is needed. That way then it can also be used for the warmer months as it is rated for 35+. Now do I go through Cabela's or order it from wiggy's ?? :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back