Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Skip Silencer Central if you have the option

jpcoll01

My Dad went to SCI in Jan of this year and stopped by the Silencer Central booth. Ordered a Banish backcountry and a bunch of muzzle breaks, adapters, etc. Went to ATF jail for 10+ months then got the alert he got his tax stamp. Silencer Central sat on that for almost a month and when they finally sent his stuff they sent the can incomplete. They didn't include the back cap. When he finally got a call back from them (3 days later) they told him that the part was backordered, no indication of when it would be in. They knowingly shipped an incomplete can that they had sold 11 months ago... Garbage customer service, garbage company. Recommend taking your business elsewhere.

My Dad went to SCI in Jan of this year and stopped by the Silencer Central booth. Ordered a Banish backcountry and a bunch of muzzle breaks, adapters, etc. Went to ATF jail for 10+ months then got the alert he got his tax stamp. Silencer Central sat on that for almost a month and when they finally sent his stuff they sent the can incomplete. They didn't include the back cap. When he finally got a call back from them (3 days later) they told him that the part was backordered, no indication of when it would be in. They knowingly shipped an incomplete can that they had sold 11 months ago... Garbage customer service, garbage company. Recommend taking your business elsewhere.
That's pretty wild they sent the suppressor without the part. I have a Banish backcountry (and 2 22cal suppressors) waiting for ATF approval and I'd be furious if after over a year since purchase if it came incomplete. They did drag their feet on the paperwork submittal to the ATF and I've heard it can take weeks form them to mail your suppressor after it's approved. The experience with the whole suppressor buying process has left a sour taste in my mouth and I'll be using someone else for my next purchase.

Isn't the wait and hassle of getting a suppressor baked into the whole process from the start? I've read dozens of reviews from regular guys on forums like this one and can't remember a reading a bad review about silencer central until this one. I live in a state that suppressors are illegal so I don't actively search out reviews, just ones I stumble across.

Last edited:
Oh sure, not complaining about the ATF wait time, nothing they can do about that.

There's a silencer company down the road here. He has a laptop set up to use silencer shop for trusts.

I would add several months to their wait time estimate, though.

Isn't the wait and hassle of getting a suppressor baked into the whole process from the start? I've read dozens of reviews from regular guys on forums like this one and can't remember a reading a bad review about silencer central until this one. I live in a state that suppressors are illegal so I don't actively search out reviews, just ones I stumble across.
Wouldn't it be cool if we lived in a free state.

Last edited:
that's pretty messed up that they would send it incomplete, but i'd have to assume they had passed that information along beforehand? I got a couple from them in August, and i thought their customer service was way above and beyond expectations.

that's pretty messed up that they would send it incomplete, but i'd have to assume they had passed that information along beforehand? I got a couple from them in August, and i thought their customer service was way above and beyond expectations.
They did not pass that info beforehand.

Heard lots of similar stories with them.

I did my first can from a local shop. Had a local attorney draft up my trust. Went to the local law enforcement for prints and notification and my stepdad did as well. Then the local shop effed up the paperwork. Giant freaking headache and it took 2 years IIRC until i actually had the damn thing in hand. Dragged my feet on buying any more because it was such a PITA.

Recently bought 2 more from capitol armory and they have their poop in a group. Mailed me a kit to do fingerprints at home and mail back. Had my Eform filed a day after i bought the can. Silencershop is probably who i'd try if not capital armory but you're sill counting on them and their dealer to be on top of things.

Last edited:
Heard lots of similar stories with them.

I did my first can from a local shop. Had a local attorney draft up my trust. Went to the local law enforcement for prints and notification and my stepdad did as well. Then the local shop effed up the paperwork. Giant freaking headache and it took 2 years IIRC until i actually had the damn thing in hand. Dragged my feed on buying any more because it was such a PITA.

Recently bought 2 more from capitol armory and they have their poop in a group. Mailed me a kit to do fingerprints at home and mail back. Had my Eform filed a day after i bought the can. Silencershop is probably who i'd try if not capital armory but you're sill counting on them and their dealer to be on top of things.
Does capitol armory do trust setup as well, or did you add those cans under your existing trust?

Does capitol armory do trust setup as well, or did you add those cans under your existing trust?
They do have that option. The 2 cans i purchased from them were as an individual though so i didn't experience the trust process.

That's pretty wild they sent the suppressor without the part. I have a Banish backcountry (and 2 22cal suppressors) waiting for ATF approval and I'd be furious if after over a year since purchase if it came incomplete. They did drag their feet on the paperwork submittal to the ATF and I've heard it can take weeks form them to mail your suppressor after it's approved. The experience with the whole suppressor buying process has left a sour taste in my mouth and I'll be using someone else for my next purchase.
I literally just filed a BBB complaint yesterday morning (over two suppressors approved) and miraculously had the signature page in my e-mail by close of business. They are also (as with mine) noted for telling everyone to “check their spam folder.” I’m now, still, two weeks out minimum from receiving approved suppressors.
Never again will I do business with that unprofessional business.

Back