• Single

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Double

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • None, ya turd!

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

Sasquatchewan

I was watching one of the latest GoHunt Youtube video "Office Dilemma Droptine?" and it got me thinking about the whitetail I shot in 2017. I've always considered it as a double drop tine buck and 99.99% of my buddies agreed. That being said, after watching the video with @Big Fin saying the buck in the video didn't have a drop tine, it got me worried that I'd been wrong this whole time.

The court of hunters' opinion is now in session; single double or no drop tine at all?

Pictures for reference, the first drop tine is on the main beam between the G2 and G3, and the second sits half-way up the G2.

20210219_174640.jpg20210219_175015.jpg20210219_174912.jpg20210219_175114.jpg20171122_084611.jpg

Single imo, bottom tine seems to come off the main beam. That's just my opinion as I have no idea how there actually counted. That's just what I'd call it. Awesome buck either way.

My gut says both are kickers, but I could be persuaded on the lower one. Sweet buck regardless.

I saw the vid and definitely thought Lorenzo’s buck was a kicker, not a drop.

None, but I wouldn't get too broke up about it. Very nice buck.
I'm not, still my best whitetail to date, drop tine(s) or not.

I think the one on the main beam os definitely a drop tine. It's off the main beam and drops in a downward angle.

I'm not, still my best whitetail to date, drop tine(s) or not.

I think the one on the main beam os definitely a drop tine. It's off the main beam and drops in a downward angle.
I don’t think they need to be tear dropped at all, I just think they need to point downward. Lorenzo’s is almost perfectly level.

I was watching one of the latest GoHunt Youtube video "Office Dilemma Droptine?" and it got me thinking about the whitetail I shot in 2017. I've always considered it as a double drop tine buck and 99.99% of my buddies agreed. That being said, after watching the video with @Big Fin saying the buck in the video didn't have a drop tine, it got me worried that I'd been wrong this whole time.

The court of hunters' opinion is now in session; single double or no drop tine at all?

Pictures for reference, the first drop tine is on the main beam between the G2 and G3, and the second sits half-way up the G2.

View attachment 174660View attachment 174661View attachment 174662View attachment 174664View attachment 174665
Boarder opened yet?

That Der is a cranker as my northern brothers say

Boarder opened yet?

That Der is a cranker as my northern brothers say

Pretty tight restrictions and land border closed to non-essential travel eight now but they will re-evaluate in April, fingers crossed. Didn't stop me from doing my Utah apps today!!!

Pretty tight restrictions and land border closed to non-essential travel eight now but they will re-evaluate in April, fingers crossed. Didn't stop me from doing my Utah apps today!!!
As of now we have a snow goose trip planned for September October

Stud buck. Giant whitetails and beautiful aspen groves. Gotta love it

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back