Sightron Scopes

gundog

Any body have experience with Sightron Scopes. I'm looking for a good 22 rimfire scope in the $100 range. The guns not worth a Leupold.

Check out the guys at bearbasin....they've been very helpful with scope info for me, but, like you, I'd rather get input from hunters as well as techies.

I've got a 3-9x42 Sightron on my .300Wby, and have had nothing but good luck with it. It's been on the gun for 6 or 7 years and I haven't had to move the zero once. They're good scopes, IMO.

Oak

Oak, what rings & bases are you using on your 300? I've got a 4.5x14x44 Zeiss Conquest w/ medium burris pos aligns on my 300 wby & seem to be constantly tinkering with the zero. 180 wby permium spire point, checked & rechecked attachment torque...Recoil/ineptitude...both?

NHY, I don't know what the problem might be. I'm sure there's others on here that might know better than I. I've got Leupold standard 2-piece bases and 1" rings.

Oak

I'd mount the scope on another gun and make sure its not a scope problem. If the scope holds zero on the new gun then you can rule out the scope. If you've checked and rechecked the mounts and everythings OK then I'd look for a bedding problem--barrel, action. I've seen poorly bedded guns throw shots all over the place--much to the consternation of their owners.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back