Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Sierra GameChanger Bullets

Schweet!
I'd appreciate it!
I'm usually shooting the 150gr ABLR in the Rem Mag, (2) 280 Rem, 284 Win.
Always open to try new things though!

Bringing This up again, anyone try the 6.5 140s yet? I know they are new, wondering how they shoot.

Got 4 boxes the other day and going to try then in my 6.5 saum

Bringing This up again, anyone try the 6.5 140s yet? I know they are new, wondering how they shoot.

Got 4 boxes the other day and going to try then in my 6.5 saum
Let us know how they shoot, I was turned off by the low BC number they initially quoted me prior to release

Bump!
Got an accurate load worked up in 140g Gamechanger 270 Win, 2900fps. Texas heart shot on 100lb wild hog, DRT.

I did a little research on the new GameChanger Sierra bullets. They seem to be a pretty nice hunting bullet. This article in "Rifle Shooter" says, "It’s much more than that and is almost undoubtedly the best big game bullet Sierra has ever produced".

I am curious about the in the 6.5 creedmoor, but appreciate any caliber information. Has anyone tested these new bullets? Is the 6.5, 130grn. in the class of an effective elk and bear bullet? I understand bullet placement is all the difference, but I want to know about the bullet performance.

Any thoughts?
Sierra Gamechanger a good attempt to compete with Nosler Accubond but failed at the bonding attempt.

I wanted to check in and see if folks had any more experience with game and the TGK? More specifically on elk. I'm thinking of running the 165in my 280ai. I like the 168ablr performance but they aren't always the easiest to load for. Thx

I wanted to check in and see if folks had any more experience with game and the TGK? More specifically on elk. I'm thinking of running the 165in my 280ai. I like the 168ablr performance but they aren't always the easiest to load for. Thx
I killed probably 12-15 elk with 160gr Sierra Game King our of a 7mag. Never an issue of dying on the other end. My good friend and his dad killed probably 25-30 combined with the same combination.

I want to say that my experience with the Sierra Gamechanger in .30 caliber has been outstanding. I'm a deer hunter from Oklahoma and have always reloaded my ammo, mainly 25-06, typically Sierra Prohunter or Gameking. I just returned from an African Safari and used the Sierra Gamechanger in my 30-06, a gun I've had for over 40 years, but rarely fired. Honestly I used the Gamechanger because it was about all I could find. There just weren't any Accubonds or A-frames to be had. Having never been to Africa before, I spent a lot of time researching bullet recommendations, but without availability, my choices were limited to the Gamechanger or the Barnes TTSX. Since I was building the ammo for myself and my partners rifle, I fired over 300 rounds prior to the trip, just checking accuracy and consistentcies. Also, I had to learn to shoot off sticks since I was told that our shooting would all be from a standing position, out to 300yds. Anyway, I chose to take the Sierra because it was just so reliably accurate. However, I took the time to section a Gamechanger in both directions and actually compared the thickness of the copper jacket to other 30 caliber bullets I had and it is very clear that the Sierra Gamechanger is a very tough bullet. I took 15 animals while I was there and had exits on 14 of the animals. Not one required a second round. I harvested Zebra, Kudu, Hartebeest, Wildebeest, Gemsbok, and smaller animals. My load was 56.1gr H4350, with a 165gr Sierra Gamechanger, CCI primer. My longest kill was just under 300 yds. Unfortunately, when shooting a Blesbok, at 175yds, the bullet passed through and killed a second animal that I hadn't seen come in at the last moment. I've come to understand that bullet placement is the most important factor, in a clean kill. Shoot the bullet you like, for whatever reason, just shoot it accurately. We have lots of really good choices, Gamechanger's, being one of them.

In the .308 for normal hunting of deer
165gr Speer Hot Core Spitzer SP especially in 308 Win

I did a little research on the new GameChanger Sierra bullets. They seem to be a pretty nice hunting bullet. This article in "Rifle Shooter" says, "It’s much more than that and is almost undoubtedly the best big game bullet Sierra has ever produced".

I am curious about the in the 6.5 creedmoor, but appreciate any caliber information. Has anyone tested these new bullets? Is the 6.5, 130grn. in the class of an effective elk and bear bullet? I understand bullet placement is all the difference, but I want to know about the bullet performance.

Any thoughts?
I’m currently using the 165 gr Gamechanger in my .308. 3 whitetail deer so far, each a one shot and drop. All have been pass through shots with some bullet fragments found in the exit wound. I’m leaning toward these being a great deer/antelope bullet, but possibly a little too explosive for elk and bear. I’m not sure the penetration will be adequate on tough critters.

I’m currently using the 165 gr Gamechanger in my .308. 3 whitetail deer so far, each a one shot and drop. All have been pass through shots with some bullet fragments found in the exit wound. I’m leaning toward these being a great deer/antelope bullet, but possibly a little too explosive for elk and bear. I’m not sure the penetration will be adequate on tough critters.

If every bullet exited a deer what makes you think it would be too explosive for elk or bear?

If every bullet exited a deer what makes you think it would be too explosive for elk or bear?
Just my initial thoughts, but I’m seeing large chunks of copper in the exit wound and in the body cavity.
It’s definitely devastating on deer.
I’m definitely curious what other people are seeing on elk.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back