Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sidearm advice

If it is mainly for the woods, and a home defense firearm that will be there most of the time, I'd get a DA revolver. .357 if you aren't in griz country, (although I pack my .357 stuffed with Buffalo Bore 180 grain hardcasts) a .41 magnum if you are. I don't trust a semi-auto in the woods. Revolvers are simple and no safety to fool with in a hurry-up situation. mtmuley

To specifically answer the original question. Yes, it's a damn fine weapon and for the price, if it's in good condition, it's an excellent buy. If for some reason you purchase it and then decide it's not right for you, there would be no problem in selling the gun and making a tidy little profit. Blue Book value is 100% NIB $650.00, 95% $410.00, and last MSR was $822.00. This is a traditional double action with ambidextrous safety 4 1/4" barrell, 8 shot magazine, and was manufactured from 1990-1999.

BTW, for those Sigma haters, it's the considered opinion of most gunsmiths that the Sigma series actually has a much better trigger than the more popular M&P models. Also the Sigma has gone through a renovation and is now called the SD model. The only changes are purely cosmetic.

Thanks for the advice guys. Don't tell the wife, but it is mine now!

How you liking it? Give us a quick synopsis.

Spook, I have taken this gun out twice now. Both times practicing at 25 yards. All that has really gone through my head when shooting is, "boy this is fun". I have had very little pistol shooting experience, so I do not really have anything to compare it to. I will say that I prefer to pull the hammer back before firing. It seems to loosen the trigger and I shot better that way. Other thoughts are gun is surprisingly heavy, easy to disassemble and clean, quick and easy to interchange clips, and overall seems pretty rugged.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back