Side Hustle Ideas Needed

Four22

Long story short we lost about $40k in a failed adoption and I need to replenish savings…

I’ve been searching for a side hustle to make some extra money to get back in the bank and am looking for some ideas.

I’m a handy guy that enjoys building, woodworking and am really handy around the house.

I’ve thought about making some wooden things to sell but haven’t taken a shot at it yet.

Any input or food for thought is welcome.

Thanks all.

that's awful. sorry to hear.

like everything, it depends. but if you're willing put out a shit ton of flyers and sacrifice like 3 hours every day after work through the summer months and saturdays i'm pretty sure you can pull some pretty solid side dough mowing lawns.

that's awful. sorry to hear.

like everything, it depends. but if you're willing put out a shit ton of flyers and sacrifice like 3 hours every day after work through the summer months and saturdays i'm pretty sure you can pull some pretty solid side dough mowing lawns.
That's true even in our little town. Small, young kids are raking it in and can't keep up with the demand.

Another option would be to make urns for a mortuaries and or be willing to be "on call" for body pickups. Depending on the mortuary it can pay well.

I’ve always wanted to get into reclaimed look wood picture frames. Could be easy money making idea. If you have the ability to engrave them also. Euro mount plaques also. Ive wanted to get some make in the shape of the state I shot the deer in etc. If you know of a few taxidermist maybe they could commission you to make them.

I've had a few friends make some good money being handymen. One or two have done well enough that it is a career. If you have tools already it could be a good way to go.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Besides a side hustle, I’d look at getting a new/better/raise job. Unemployment rate is at 3.4% and good employees are hard/impossible to find. Do some searching, get a job offer and then have a discussion with your current employer about a matching raise. You might work out a signing bonus too.

If you have small engine knowledge, there is a lot of scratch to be made picking up lawnmowers/snowblowers/weedeaters at your local dump, fixing them (often just changing a spark plug) then reselling them. I know someone who has made a fairly disgusting amount of dough doing just this.

I started doing some night security for Securitas.
I sit in locked buildings or in my truck watching a locked building. Special events like high school rodeos, boxing, and sporting events. It's way easy and unbelievable pay. I did have to get my guard license from the state, 99% of the time I'm not required to be armed. I pick and choose when and where I work. It's easy and most things I do are at night, and get to see a LOT of events for free...
Check into it.

Sorry to hear. Any sort of manual labor is always the best side gigs. It’s those that are the jobs that pay a lot that not many people want to do. Id research Angie’s List and see if you need to be a legit business to be on there to get bids. If you can be “self employed”, I’d start there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back