Shuttle T Broadhead Question

Big Foot

I purchased some 100 gr. Shuttle T broadheads and they came with two washers? One of the washer is a slim steel washer and the other is a slim brass washer? All of the Shuttle T's I have purchased in the past have had a single thick steel washer.

Do any of you guys know if they have changed this design for a reason? I am wondering if I should swap out the thicker washers from my older broadheads as they seem to fit better.

I haven't seen that yet. Last time I bought Shuttle T's was about a year ago and I bought all of the Black Ops and replacement blades that Sportsman's Warehouse had at the time and they came with the single washer.

Not a shuttle t user but if they are anything like the G5 Striker's the steel washers are to keep the replaceable blades in tact while the brass washer is to be used to allow you to align your blades up with your fletching and still have a snug fit of your broadhead onto your arrow.

I know their Terminal T's always came with 2, maybe they are doing the same with the Shuttles now.
I have new ones in the mail. If they come with 2 I will probably swap out with old washers and stick with what has worked in the past...just me.

One possibility might be to compensate for the deeper insert shafts like the Easton Axis. I notice with my regular washers I get maybe a thread or so less of a turn into the insert (I shoot Easton Axis), so maybe the thinner washers compensate for that?

Back