Show me your duck hunting kayaks!

FairWeather

Does anyone here duck hunt from a kayak? If so, I’d love to see them!

I’m wanting to get some ideas of what kind of paint & cover seems to work for folks, and how you might attach any vegetation to the hull.

I previously owned an Ascend H12 with a kayak layout blind. Sold it due to weight and just not hunting from the kayak itself much.
Picked up a cheap OD green SOT before covid ran prices up.

Had a buddy give me a Beavertail Phantom a month ago. Also heavy, and sucks to paddle, but man is it comfortable laying in.
Sneaks up on ducks really well too. Just lay back and do small paddle strokes

My sons 12' Native Ultimate kayak is pretty sweet to paddle. We rigged up a blind with pvc, garden netting and sone camo netting. We then added some BlindGrass to it but I dont have pics of that. He ended using the kayak to get to spots and hunting from shore more than hunting from the kayak.

Attachments

• 20230827_121427.jpg
    20230827_121427.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20230827_121435.jpg
    20230827_121435.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 26
My sons 12' Native Ultimate kayak is pretty sweet to paddle. We rigged up a blind with pvc, garden netting and sone camo netting. We then added some BlindGrass to it but I dont have pics of that. He ended using the kayak to get to spots and hunting from shore more than hunting from the kayak.
That pvc blind it pretty slick!

Never a kayak, but a Sportspal canoe often. Kayaks are for fishing. i have both.

Just throw die cut camo netting over and make a slit so it settles at your waist. Ducks land all over me and swim up into my dekes sitting like that with no other cover. I'm talking about mostly woodies and ringers with an occasional mallard or widgeon.

I did try attaching some natural cover for floating down river to jump shoot. Anything attached to such a light craft that sticks up acts as a sail.

My kayak after I grassed it in this year. I use a field layout blind with the bottom cut out that is removable

20231123_090906.jpg

That's the way I rigged mine when I hunted out of it. It's a sit on top I got from gander mountain years ago. These days I typically paddle to a spot, then I'll get out and put some camo net and grass or reeds on top of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131-210701.png
    Screenshot_20240131-210701.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back