PEAX Equipment

Shoveling out...

BuzzH

the doublewide....

Looks like the snow-pack in SE Wyoming just recovered...paper is reporting 16 inches of snow in Laramie the last couple days...over 2 feet in the surrounding mountains.

Had a 70 vehicle accident between Laramie and Cheyenne, 25 people in the Laramie and Cheyenne hospitals.

Talked to a buddy yesterday about turkey hunting and he said, "tire chains and spring turkey hunting just don't go together"...

0418151133.jpg

0418151133a.jpg

Looks like Mrs. Buzz's side of the driveway is clean. Get to work on the rest of it.

I've got a friend in Buford. I visit him in July. :D

I remember reading a story about a huge herd of bison that froze to death on the Laramie Plains back in the early 1800s.

Here's a pic car camping out there one winter night. In the land of horizontal snow it's best to find a wind break:

Memory5.jpg

I think CJ Box writes something like, "Wyoming's season are Fall, Winter, Spring with May/June being a mix of all three."

..like the stone wainscot Buzz...hides the wheels.

Last edited:
I came through there on Wednesday and it was pretty bad. We sat stopped for about an hour while they cleaned up a wreck. Luckily I missed this one.

Pretty nice double wide. Those spring storms can be fascinating, amazing, and deadly. I-80 can sure have some bad accidents.

Shoveling Out

I was down that way. I was for sure a mess. At least I25 was from the Co line to North of Cheyene

I think it's worse when the babies hit the ground and we have similar weather. Right now they just wait it out.

I may be wrong and it likely doesn't apply this year as it has been so mild this winter but I always thought a heavy wet spring snow was the worst thing for wintering animals. Sort of the straw that broke the camels back scenario. Thoughts?

Idiot truck drivers, they don't slow down for anything. Used to be, they were the safest and most courteous of drivers.....WOW! Not anymore. I-80 is a death trap and I avoid it if I can.

Nothing like spring time in the Rockies �� we had the same snow and I shot grade in the snow storm the whole day,. You either with with or leave! The snow this time of year is melted in a day. We could have snow days with the right storm into July here in the high country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back