Caribou Gear

Shout Out to Leupold

BenInMT

I have a VXIII 4.5-14 that I bought when I was a much younger man. It looks like it spent the last 20 years in Afghanistan and this last fall I realized it had lost it‘s ability to hold zero. I sent it to them and in a reasonable amount of time they returned it to me with new internals. Took it to the range today, bore sighted, got on paper, did the math and dialed her up and boom dead nuts. For a 20 year old scope that isn’t all that high quality compared to some of the others I have- I am pretty impressed with the abuse it’s taken and their customer service which was free.

I would have to concur with you on this. To add further add testimony to Leopold I will share this. I have a hunting buddy who is in his 60's. He has been sort of an older brother to me, so this story is told and retold in front of the fire nearly every year.

When he was still a teenager as a birthday gift by his father, he was given a Leopold scope. His father has since passed away, but prior to that they kind of only shared one truly meaningful thing in their lives and that was hunting camp. That Leopold scope worked great for decades but eventually it too lost it's zero. It's been banged around quite a bit so it wasn't the fought of the scope, it was just old and well used. He tried everything to get it back on track but just couldn't.

He called Leopold to ask for advise and they asked him to send it in and they would take a look at it. After looking at it, they called him back and told him that it's definitely the scope; some internal stuff went wrong with the lenses. They apologized for this decades old scope failing, and offered to send him a new model because this one hasn't been manufactured in years (decades really).

Because the scope had sentimental value, my buddy wanted it repaired instead of replaced and was willing to pay whatever it took to fix it up. Leopold asked him if they could keep it for a while to take another look at it. It did take a while, but they eventually sent Jim the scope his father gave him back, repaired at no cost. This was way beyond any sort of warranty policy. They had offered him a new top of the line scope as a replacement but understood how much using the original meant to him. Leopold didn't have to do any of that but man they made a very happy hunter, when they did. Jim took a nice whitetail that year and he couldn't have been more thankful.

Another Leupold story. I had a 41 yo Vari-X 2 in 2-7, which has been on many rifles, ultimately on a Model 70 Featherweight which I gave to an 11 yo girl this fall; it wouldn't zero, so told her dad to send it in. So, he just got it back today, and it looks brand new.

Attachments

• Leupold.jpg
    Leupold.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Another Leupold story. I had a 41 yo Vari-X 2 in 2-7, which has been on many rifles, ultimately on a Model 70 Featherweight which I gave to an 11 yo girl this fall; it wouldn't zero, so told her dad to send it in. So, he just got it back today, and it looks brand new.
Just got my 30 yr old vx2 back. They made the same repairs on mine. Great American company

Shout out to Leupold. I recently purchased a sequoia spotter from a co-worker. I used it for abit, then sent it to get cleaned .etc. They replaced it at no cost to a much nicer/newer SX-4 Pro Guide. THANKS LEUPOLD!!!!!!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back