Should we start the Wyoming disappointment thread now?

You sound like the Montana residents that every year on permit draw day say oh poor me no elk tag again for ___ year in a row . Last I’ve heard the gen tag in Montana and Wyoming are pretty good aren’t they lol . You’ll still be hunting elk !
You sound like someone who is jealous and lives in a crappy state 😆
Yes, the general tags are good, better than draws in some states. If I set myself up for disappointment, I wont be sad when I inevitably don't draw my dream tags.

You sound like someone who is jealous and lives in a crappy state 😆
Yes, the general tags are good, better than draws in some states. If I set myself up for disappointment, I wont be sad when I inevitably don't draw my dream tags.
I love my state . ND . I hope you draw your desired tag . Good luck

I need to stop applying for General tags so my heart doesn’t get pumped full of adrenaline to see successful followed by the crush of General (yes they are still great tags and yes I still get to hunt). It’s really quite a roller coaster.

I’m mostly irritated that the non residents get to find out their results WEEKS before the people who live here. The game and fish are very VERY good at catering to the non residents. After I see my unsuccessful bull tag draw for the 12th year in a row I will be irritated about that too.

I’m mostly irritated that the non residents get to find out their results WEEKS before the people who live here. The game and fish are very VERY good at catering to the non residents. After I see my unsuccessful bull tag draw for the 12th year in a row I will be irritated about that too.
The date thing is weird, I get that. But have you not hunted elk in Wyoming all 12 of those years?

EVERY catered-to nonresident wishes they could be even 1/4 as “unsuccessful” as you!

Good luck on your draw this season, or on that trash gen tag if all else fails.

LOL, yeah, they cater to us so much that they got to hold $1200 of my money since January when they make us apply.

And I’m excited for my general tag this year!

Here's me thinking its a general deer tag until i clicked the resident elk draw is next week too! Good luck to everyone next week.

The date thing is weird, I get that. But have you not hunted elk in Wyoming all 12 of those years?

EVERY catered-to nonresident wishes they could be even 1/4 as “unsuccessful” as you!

Good luck on your draw this season, or on that trash gen tag if all else fails.
They pretty much are trash.

Personally, I am never disappointed in Wyoming as a NR. Yeah sure, some years I don't draw squat. But when I do, I feel like I get great bang for the buck... you basically have numerous chances to fill with an additional option of archery season except for type 9 hunts. Antelope hunts are unequaled in any state, there are some amazing elk hunts, even the general. The deer are decent hunts, but limited on trophy potential for the most part, but most states are struggling with that right now. Plus most elk tags you have an extended antlerless hunt after the antlered season, which is great for filling the freezer and plenty of time to do it...

Very few places I've hunted that I would say I feel like I got my money's worth.... Wyoming's one of them. I didn't apply for deer because of winterkill, burned some antelope points last year and shot a measly 86"er (the 3rd booner out of 3 tags I've drawn there), burned a pile of elk points and drew a great tag so that I can get back to hunting general tags...

Everyone complains but they'll wait 5 years to hunt general elk because it's so crappy? Come to Colorado and buy and OTC tag and tell me it's better....

Curious what we get, excellent chance on elk in our backyard, if not general it is. Deer we get what we need but its NOT a high valued tag, plus general. Antelope is the mystery , especially after last winter

Based on last year’s points, should draw. Pretty sure I won’t. I’m ok with it, that’s how it goes.

Back