SITKA Gear

Shotgun sight - Options for a one quiver shotgun

wllm1313

In order to not have to fly with firearms constantly I'm going to leave most of my guns at my house out west and only bring a few east.

I have a remington 870 that will become the swamp gun.

It's stock right now, modified choke with a bead front sight, will be hunting turkey, waterfowl, upland, and deer (40 yards max buck shot or slugs) with it.

Budget is $200 absolute max.

I'm thinking I will get a turkey choke and then trueglow sights? Is there a decent easily removable rear sight on the market. Will having a rear sight making duck hunting prohibitively difficult.

rwc101

I did see a video once where guys were using red dots for geese somewhere in Europe though. Not sure I could get used to that.

Dsnow9

I have one on my turkey gun, I’ll look it up, I hit draw with a paint pen on the shotgun so I know where to put it back.

Edit: trueglo pro series magnum

ChrisC

I just switch between my smooth bore and rifled barrels for my 870. Did a quick google search for a rifled barrel and they say not available at bass pro/cabelas. Not sure if that's due to Remington's bankruptcy or what?

neffa3

In order to not have to fly with firearms constantly I'm going to leave most of my guns at my house out west and only bring a few east.

I have a remington 870 that will become the swamp gun.

It's stock right now, modified choke with a bead front sight, will be hunting turkey, waterfowl, upland, and deer (40 yards max buck shot or slugs) with it.

Budget is $200 absolute max.

I'm thinking I will get a turkey choke and then trueglow sights? Is there a decent easily removable rear sight on the market. Will having a rear sight making duck hunting prohibitively difficult.
why not just leave all your guns in the holy land and buy a new shotty? I mean you are making east coast elite money now.

nick87

Just the bead should do fine for what your looking to do imo. The $200 could be used for something else.

Edit: spend some of it on a couple different chokes for different uses that would be a lot better investment seeing as how you will be using it for different applications. Carlsons makes some of the best chokes imo and the best selection. You'd be amazed how much more effective your gun is with the right choke especially for bigger sized shot.

88man

You shoot a shotgun where u look. No aiming. No sights needed inside 50 yards

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase0029