shorts time in WY

oleefish2

Well with 69 for a high yesterday and a low of 43 last night it is getting close to shorts time. At 9:20 am to day it is already 56 so I am going to uncover the boat, put the batteries in and check out everything I can. Also people are fishing under the bridge already and at the dam in open water.

Yeah it has been nice here but we are in a Storm watch suppost to be a blizzard 6-12 inches of snow tonight and upwords of 50 mph winds cant wait.

It is a blizard today still 31 degrees. When I drove over the lake on the way to town I notice the river end of the lake is starting to open up.

We have been getting hard all day and yet not much on the ground here 1-2 inches.

At my house we have close to 2 feet on the ground. Lots is being blown around though. Work was canceled and I haven't left home all day.

Back to mid 50s and people fishing under the bridge I drive over to go to work.

I have 9 foot drift in my entry way. Not an ounce of exaggeration there either, it really is that much.

From my cell guys. Sorry if the quality is poor.

Attachments

• great morning.jpg
    great morning.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 122
not to be mean but better you than me. I hope it goes away fast but not so fast as to flood you out.

Sounds like it was a pretty good storm down there sreekers. I just talked to my buddy in Sturgis and he said it was very similar to the storm in November that I got to participate in.

p1050992.jpg

p1060008.jpg

p1050966.jpg

He said they set records on Sunday in the upper-70's when they rode motorcycles out to the ranch and move the stock and thought maybe it wasn't necessary. They were happy they did. They have lost a few in the last two days, but it could have been worse.

3 days straight of canceled school. I am going stir crazy, will get out of the house for the first time in 2 days in the morning. Life has been shut down here, all my neighbors were out today digging out of their houses. We all went from house to house digging out, ha.

Well a wonderful balmy 6 degrees this morning and another storm to get here on Monday. We really did need the snow in the mountains here in central Wyoming. Before this last batch of snow we were at only 78% of the snow pack and if I want to play on the lakes and have good water for the spring spawning we just have to grin and take it.

10 more inches by Wednesday is what the local EMA has been hearing by the national guys. I am still trying to finish moving all the snow from my entry way. Oh well, we do need it.

Well my end (south) of the lake was cover in ice again this morning. We only had 2-3 inches of snow but 50 mph winds. Fun in the sun in Wyoming.. I did uncover the boat and look inside this weekend. Maybe in June.

Back