shortages

If you was close to PA I would be all over that. If I had 1 or 200 that would get me what I need
Not sure how close you are but Richland Shooter Supply in PA had magnum rifle primers and I believe, don’t quote me, small rifle primers last weekend. 300 limit per customer. Lots of different powder and projectiles as well, pretty cool mom and pop shop.

If anyone can find or has any 4350 they'd let go I'd be interested. I've got a couple hundred federal 215 magnums I'd let go too. I'm working on load development but I'd like to try more then the r19 I bought 6 months ago...

.22 and 300 win mag has been hard to come by, but I haven’t gone into a store in the past 6 months that hasn’t had 28 nosler. 🤷‍♂️

A lot of ammo is tough to find here too - a person has to work at finding it. Even the hunting calibers can be tough to find - so not just the .22, .223, and popular handgun loads. Feel especailly bad for the people that don't realize all this is even happening. I overheard an older gentlemen in sporting goods store the other day ask for .20ga slugs for him and his grandson. They were out and it was the eve of the IA slug season. Store was completly out of .20ga slugs. You could tell he was beside himself on what to do - felt bad for him.

Yeah, that didn't last long. One pound of 4350 left when i got there tonight. Jugs are gone as well. I would imagine there were a few people caught without ammo at the beginning of deer season. Everybody needs to calm down a bit and stop hoarding. On the bright side, there may be many interesting estate sales in the future. Old improperly stored powder and primers.

Yeah, that didn't last long. One pound of 4350 left when i got there tonight. Jugs are gone as well. I would imagine there were a few people caught without ammo at the beginning of deer season. Everybody needs to calm down a bit and stop hoarding. On the bright side, there may be many interesting estate sales in the future. Old improperly stored powder and primers.
So you just ask the question, "Were these hoarded reloading supplies stored next to the hoarded toilet paper?"

Most 6.5mm bullets are gone around here, but did find one store with 14 boxes of Hornady 129 grain interlocks. Plenty of some forms of rifle ammo. 25-06, 7mm etc. Course you can't use that stuff here.

That is exactly what I have been thinking estate and yard sales here I come soon.

I hit 3 places on my drive to my land Friday in search of a powder for the new 6.5PRC Biggest let down was a shooting supply store when I asked if they had powder and he said YES WHAT DO YOU WANT?. I gave him a list or my 4 choices in order of highest priority and I said I would take a pound or jug of any. He vanishes in the back room, popping out 2 times asking what manufacture this or that powder was..... Comes back out the 3rd time and tells me all 4 are empty spots in the shelves.... DAMMIT

We took the kids to cabelas today to do pics with santa(they are the only ones doing it with covid). They usually have 3 aisles for ammo. Everything is on one side of one aisle and its slim.

I have never understood why a man would walk into a store and buy more than 2 boxes of deer hunting bullets...
Not that I dont think a person shouldn't own more than 2. I just have never understood the need to buy more than 2 at a time.

I am a pretty serious hunter and I can count the number of times I have bought more than 2 boxes of high power shells at any given time.
Now .22 and .223 and pistol rounds I can see people buying multiple boxes. I just cant see if with deer rifle rounds. Seems so strange to hoard deer rifle bullets.

I wonder how much lead ingots are going for these days. God knows I got tons of them. Literally.

I have never understood why a man would walk into a store and buy more than 2 boxes of deer hunting bullets...
Not that I dont think a person shouldn't own more than 2. I just have never understood the need to buy more than 2 at a time.

I am a pretty serious hunter and I can count the number of times I have bought more than 2 boxes of high power shells at any given time.
Now .22 and .223 and pistol rounds I can see people buying multiple boxes. I just cant see if with deer rifle rounds. Seems so strange to hoard deer rifle bullets.
I have bought up to half dozen. Before I reloaded I would buy a half dozen different to find something my rifle liked. Once I found the load it did like I bought another half dozen so I could practice with a few boxes and then not have to look for that ammo for a couple years.

I hear H 4350 is hard to find. If anyone finds themselves in the Adirondacks and wants to buy about 90% of a 1 lb container, I'll sell it to you for cost. I also have some 140 gr 7mm accubonds that I don't need. Ammo/component shortages are frustrating.

Shortage? What shortage? Don't know what ya'll are talking about- I was just able to purchase a case of 10 gauge shells on sale! 😜 (if anyone can find pheasant loads in 12ga or .300wsm or 300winmag, or.22 let me know)

I hear H 4350 is hard to find. If anyone finds themselves in the Adirondacks and wants to buy about 90% of a 1 lb container, I'll sell it to you for cost. I also have some 140 gr 7mm accubonds that I don't need. Ammo/component shortages are frustrating.
I am interested in the 7mms 140 accubonds can't find them anywhere right now and I'm trying to begin working on a load for the 7mms 08. I have found all other components except those and I'd like to try some 7mm 120 Barnes ttsx which I also can't get right now. Shoot me a pm with what ya have and need for them.
Thanks!

Back