shortages

Even the reman companies like freedom munitions have jacked prices do to such a high demand. In some cases double....:oops:
According to the latest news reports Vista Outdoors is over a year backlogged on ammo fulfillment. it's gonna be a difficult 2021 and beyond for recreational target shooters. As many have stated, even the reload market is in trouble with extremely low volumes of product. Price hikes and lack of products are gonna be the norm for the foreseeable future.

For all the fun made of the Preppers and ammo hoarders they get the last laugh.

I'm not a prepper, but I did have a pretty good ammo stash going into this. After the 2013 shortage, I swore "never again".

Last edited:
Hit or miss around here.
223/556, 308, 9mm, .40 is tough. Places that have it are limiting it to 1-2 boxes per person.
Hunting ammo depends on the caliber. Shotgun ammo is plentiful.
I’m well stocked on reloading supplies for a long while, made sure of that after the last shortage.
I’m a lot more picky about the matches I shoot. I haven’t shot a USPSA match in several months. I skipped a local 3 gun match today, to conserve ammo for the finale of a long range series I’ve been shooting. It will take about 100 rounds of rifle and pistol ammo.

I find it amusing that the only ammo on the shelves around Denver are the oddball cartridges that some people warn against buying because ammo won't be "widely available". If you shoot a 308, 243, 30-06, 270 etc you're out of luck but if you shoot a 7mm STW, 30 Nosler, 300 PRC then, ironically, you can still get ammo!

For handloading virgin brass seems to be "out of stock" even over the internet.
Too expensive to ship personally primers/powder with hazmat up here in Alaska, and the
local stores (only 2 in Fairbanks) have none on the shelf for rifle reloading.

I find it amusing that the only ammo on the shelves around Denver are the oddball cartridges that some people warn against buying because ammo won't be "widely available". If you shoot a 308, 243, 30-06, 270 etc you're out of luck but if you shoot a 7mm STW, 30 Nosler, 300 PRC then, ironically, you can still get ammo!
I hear you. I get flack all the time for shooting .338 Federal, but I kinda have the last laugh on that one.

Just had a major score this weekend. A Wal-Mart had 150-grain Federal .308s, both Fusions at PowerShoks and pre-plandemic pricing. "How many would you like, sir?" HOW MANY YOU GOT? Maybe I went a little overboard, but now my daughter also shoots .308, and we practice a lot.

I wish I could find cci small rifle primers. I need to load up some 222 and 223. I only have enough to load some test loads. Hopefully they hit the shelves again soon but it's not looking good

I wish I could find cci small rifle primers. I need to load up some 222 and 223. I only have enough to load some test loads. Hopefully they hit the shelves again soon but it's not looking good
There are some on gunbroker, currently bid up to $225 for 1000. That's just stupid.

Yes I have seen that. That's insane people are willing to bid that much. I will just keep an eye out for some on a shelf somewhere. I have plenty of large rifle

I have some small rifle primers that I could let go of. Federal 205m if anyone needs them, and the need is not for hording or reselling.

I could make some magnum rifle primers available (pickup) if someone really needed them.

I have several pounds of H4895 I have no plans of using, and could also let go a couple hundred CCI 200s. If you need them and aren’t hoarding, let me know and we’ll see what we can work out.

I’ve also got a half box of
Sierra Gameking .308 165 grain boat tails and
a nearly full box of Hornady .308 165 grain soft points. Each are free save the cost of shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back