MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

shipping meat

antelopedundee

Would there be expected to be any issues if a friend ships wild game to a friend? A game processor needs an interstate game tag to ship game meat out of state. Would a friend need one?

Last edited:
I think the answer has to be state specific (giving and receiving)
In Kansas the giver has to list name, address, license number, species, date taken, and date donation made, and also the name of recipient.

There is an active link on this page that has a printable form to cover the bases in Kansas:

I shipped 25lbs of elk to my cousin to Michigan from Montana last year. No issue at all

The processor said if they shipped there would have to be an interstate game tag so I was wondering if someone else picked it up and shipped it if they would be subject to the same requirement. Don't ask don't tell I suppose. The cost to have the processor ship it was crazy nuts.

I think it also depends on what level of processed the meat is at. I think that if the meet is cut and wrapped it wouldn't be an issue since you don't even need to have the tag with the meat anymore at that point (in South Dakota, could be different elsewhere I suppose...)

I wouldn't worry about it too much personally, but I guess better safe than sorry

Can't remember if the processor includes an interstate game tag when you pick it up, but another thing would be to have the processor pack it and have someone else pick it up and take it to FEDEX or whomever. $everal hundo$ for the processor to send it is absurd.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back