Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Shipping meat cross country...

Wild Bob

Anyone have any experience or recommendations on having game meat shipped cross country?

I've contacted a couple of Taxidermists in the area we plan on hunting; but I was wondering if there are any common carriers that specialize in food/perishables...:confused:

at the butcher shop i work for during hunting season we overnight express or 2nd day air through UPS. get your cut up meat packages and put it all in a garbage bag and put the bag in a cardboard box. weigh it and drop it off at a UPS shipping place but make sure you take it there pretty close to the time they pick up the shipments. it will cost a lot of money but that is what we do

at the butcher shop i work for during hunting season we overnight express or 2nd day air through UPS. get your cut up meat packages and put it all in a garbage bag and put the bag in a cardboard box. weigh it and drop it off at a UPS shipping place but make sure you take it there pretty close to the time they pick up the shipments. it will cost a lot of money but that is what we do

Exactly what we did when I worked at the butcher as well.

Its friggn expensive though. one 70lb box will cost you $150 or more. You can take it on the plane with you for about $50 for 50lbs or $75-100 per 70lbs depending on carrier. Like Tom said you can ship cloths snail mail too.

Back