Sherman Wildcat (338 Sherman Short)

Ive seen data where some guys are running the 225 Hammer up to 3000 FPS. So I would think 2900 is definitely doable.
i think some are leaning on them pretty hard. I’d be happy with 2800-2850 with a 225 with a 24” barrel.

i think some are leaning on them pretty hard. I’d be happy with 2800-2850 with a 225 with a 24” barrel.
I feel the same way. I am tickled at 2725 FPS with a 250 berger and to push the brass and possibly open up groups to get to my original goal of 2800 FPS is not worth it to me. I did the ballistic chart and it doesn't give me any real world benefit at realistic hunting ranges.

I feel the same way. I am tickled at 2725 FPS with a 250 berger and to push the brass and possibly open up groups to get to my original goal of 2800 FPS is not worth it to me. I did the ballistic chart and it doesn't give me any real world benefit at realistic hunting ranges.
I’ll have mine put together in the next couple weeks

213 has the better ballistics coefficient not that you’d see a difference 600 and in. I just have a few 213s already laying around
Makes sense. I like the idea of Hammer bullets. Maybe I’ll buy a few once I’m out of Berger’s

Going to be a flashy too. Got a spiral fluted Remington mag contour benchmark barrel for $150 (still not sure how). Then the only tikka action I could find to build on had a spiral fluted bolt.

Going to be a flashy too. Got a spiral fluted Remington mag contour benchmark barrel for $150 (still not sure how). Then the only tikka action I could find to build on had a spiral fluted bolt.
Hmmm...might hafta exploit your attention span on that’n.

You probably mentioned already... stock?

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back