Sheridan Horseback Riding

oxn939

Going to be near Sheridan for the weekend of 07-09OCT22 doing a combo hunting/ sightseeing trip. After we cover the public in my Pronghorn unit, which should take about an hour, I thought it'd be fun to show my girlfriend the Bighorns by horseback. If anyone runs horseback tours in the Sheridan area or knows someone who would be available to take a ride 08/09OCT22, shoot me a PM! Thanks in advance.

You could call Wyoming Horses and Mules and ask who they would recommend in the area.

Buffalo Mountain Outfitters maybe.

Pretty close to hunting seasons for a leisurely ride though.

Check out the Eaton's Ranch.(Wolf, WY)
It is a dude ranch just West of Sheridan at the mountain. They can hook you up.

Last edited:
Check out the Eaton's Ranch.(Wolf, WY)
It is a dude ranch just West of Sheridan at the mountain. They can hook you up.

Called them and their tours end in September. Starting to look like this may be an impossible ask hah

I'm pretty sure they don't want to be out during hunting seasons, and it makes sense to me.

Between hunting, weather and the summer help all back to school, most will be shutdown. After labor day

Between hunting, weather and the summer help all back to school, most will be shutdown. After labor day

Looking like that may be the case. None of the adjacent units in the Bighorns actually has an elk season open then- 08/09OCT is actually between when archery closes and rifle season opens- but I do suppose everyone is in prep mode by then.

If anyone knows someone I've missed, shoot me a PM!

Look at ranchland hunting adventures, Brant Hilman is the outfitter but his wife Ellen Allemand runs horseback rides all year round I believe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back