Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Shelter-in Places

Looks like I would like to spend more than just a "few" days there! Nice place.

Looks like I would like to spend more than just a "few" days there! Nice place.
We will return soon. My daughter, granddaughter and friend have it "booked" for the next few days ... along with a couple of their dogs. I enjoy the place more sans canines, as the wildlife viewing is much better. Photos below are from yesterday before we snowshoed out.

P1020170.JPGP1020173.JPG

Local chunk of blm around Helena this morning. Only 2 other vehicles at the parking lot. Plenty of space to stretch the legs & avoid everyone.

Keep posting photos like that and you're gonna be complaining about how "FULL" the parking lot is as well as how crowded your local supermarket is with out of state license plates!

That little brown fella in the photo looks about as happy as any living thing could be right now!

This shelter-inn place requires snowshoe transport to reach. We spent the past few quiet days here.

View attachment 133422

Looks like a great getaway, Straight Arrow. Does it have electricity, water and septic?

We currently live in the mountains a few miles east of the Continental Divide. I've noticed that a lot of folks who have summer places nearby, weekenders and rare visitors are now spending time here, getting away from the big city and suburbs. I certainly understand.

Here's some views of our shelter-in place, a week ago and last evening at dusk. Thirty yards from our windows the Saint Vrain River is beginning to open up. A pair of American Dippers have claimed the nest box over the water, and today I found river otter tracks and a slide down into a pool. We are grateful for living in this beautiful world.

Spring-snow.jpg

Dusk-2=3-28-2020.jpg

Looks like a great getaway, Straight Arrow. Does it have electricity, water and septic?
Notice the small solar panel on the porch, facing exactly southeast, charging a GoalZero battery which works well. The small cabin has one led light, mostly for illuminating the Scrabble board. I use battery / crank-up charged radios to listen to Bobcat games during hunting season. Although there is a spring above the cabin (future spring box water project), I haul water. The outhouse lime system has proven effective for years, with no tissue going into the "hole", only waste. Tissue is burned and cleanly disposed.

My neighbor below about a quarter mile has electricity and a well ... so I continue to say "There goes the neighborhood!" :mad:

Looks like a really cool spot @Straight Arrow. Is it close to home?
It's only about forty miles from home, but takes at least an hour to get to trailhead due to having to cross Bozeman, a poorly planned town with no good cross-town routes.
But an hour is not that bad real early in the day ... and the destination is worth it even if it were much further. We are blessed to have such a great get-away. It's around some corners and away from noise and light distractions. The clear night sky is spectacular ... and I swear you can hear the snowflakes fall.

Pic #1 - our old SIP hillbilly house on 180 a. in the hills. Couldn't see neighbors. Dirt road. No thermostat. Long long great winters. Paradise '88-01'.
Pic #2 - Priced out. Wealthy eastern SOB. Quite sure they are SIP'ing in a different state. Nice place sitting vacant today though. Gave contractors something to do for a while:ROFLMAO:.
Pic #3 - New SIP place. Still a decent view of the Bridgers, instead of living in 'em.
Pic # 4 - Wife's garden waiting for snow melt so she can plant SIP food store. Stuff started in greenhouse...........

Attachments

• old.JPG
    old.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 29
  • big.JPG
    big.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • by1.JPG
    by1.JPG
    525.4 KB · Views: 26
  • by2.JPG
    by2.JPG