Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Shed hunting last week

Oak

Expert
I did a little shed hunting last week, before we got 63 feet of snow.
rolleyes.gif

Lardass antler hunter. All I can say is that I wintered well.
frown.gif
How does this guy even get around in the hills? You'd be surprised.
wink.gif

ShedhuntingO3.sized.jpg

My backpack, during three day trip.

ShedPack.sized.jpg

The results of the trip.
March03antlersIII.jpg

Oak

I've gotten 3 deer sheds in my life
smile.gif
ANd non worth packing out but I did, and 2 were in Montana LAst year
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Some day I'll drive over and Bug ya for a day trip.

I thin kWe all wintered well.. Or at least I did Too. Time to start doing something about it ? NAAAAhhhhh, MAybe later
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Good finds!

I went on monday and found a 5 point a 4 point and a pair of 3" spikes...the spikes were the real trophies though
biggrin.gif

I never thought I would find any that small.

Anybody else do any good?

Great find CO..
Thanks for the pics, looks like you did very well, I would be very carfull about Moosie wanting to help you pic up sheds, I just wouldn't be in front of him when you bend over to pick up another good find!!!
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

hello,

My brother has been doing really good down in montana. He has found lots of little whitetail and mulie sheds, but last weekend he found matching 6-point elk sheds that would (est.) score in the low 300's. Not bad and it wasnt more than two miles from we I shot my 5x5 in '98. Dad and him also found one or two other litter elk sheds.

I just wish I could do some of that but I am waiting for spring to come here in alaska. Almost time to go find me a grizzly and some moose sheds.

happy shed hunting,

montana boy

Great finds Oak!!
cool.gif

I want to get out and do some shed hunting again this year but I don't know when I will go out since yesterday I saw a buck that was still packing both antlers.

Now Russ, that wasn't very nice of you to be trying to scare Oak like that. I hope to be able to get out in the next couple of weeks.

Elkhunter, it takes a little more than that to scare me.
wink.gif

Nice finds by your friend, mtmiller. Have you made it out this year yet?

Oak

Sorry Oak, nice sheds you found. I have not been out as of yet. I have moved about 100 miles from where I used to shed hunt, but I am too cheap to pay $1.78 a gallon to drive that far for sheds.

On a good note, I will be conducting sage grouse lek inventories starting in April. Because of the distance, I will be staying in trailer in during the week with my afternoons available to search for elk and mulie sheds.

If I don't have any shed to show, I should at least have some decent grouse pics.
biggrin.gif

Good luck with the shed hunting.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-23-2003 10:04: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

Looks like you folks are doing pretty good. mtmiller, don't complain there is a gas station 5 miles from me that is charging $2.24 for regular!! Anyways, I was gonna go look for sheds this morning but it is raining so scratch that idea.
frown.gif

Good load there Terry.........bet that is the first time you heard that in a while!

man..... you really "RACKED"
wink.gif
up on sheds!

I know, I know, I must be working too much or late...or both
cool.gif

Ours are really just starting to drop now.
Cant wait to scout a new place we picked up for bowseason!

Back