Sharing Hunting data in Colorado

Did you get permission from the forum owner to spam this all over the forum?
Well I made one post on the Who am I thread and introduced myself on why I am here. I also responded to a few people looking for help on where to hunt in
Colorado, I wouldn’t call that spamming, but I can see your concern. I won’t reference the website directly going forward unless it’s relevant.

Last edited:
GoHunt is gonna be pissed and has probably already DM'd, texted, and called the moderators to get you shut down. They might've called Joe Pickett to come drop the hammer if it gets too western on here but let's hope he's busy busting poachers. Hell the governor and his BF might even jump into this thing too.

I keep clicking on the moose because I want to hunt them but nothing is happening. Am I not hashtagging properly?
And how do I slide into the DMs? That sounds fun.

Sorry I'm old and I may have taken a blue pill instead of my stool softener tonight which could be why I can't make the moose open.

Sometimes feedback is roasting. Some of it is constructive and will help me help other people, some isn’t and I won’t respond to that. I get it I put myself out there and some people are going to say some stuff I don’t think I’ll appreciate. I’m good with all of it. I’ll respond where appropriate.

Sometimes feedback is roasting. Some of it is constructive and will help me help other people, some isn’t and I won’t respond to that. I get it I put myself out there and some people are going to say some stuff I don’t think I’ll appreciate. I’m good with all of it. I’ll respond where appropriate.
Are you going to have a gear shop? And are there plans for a marketplace where I can sell waypoints?

Are you going to have a gear shop? And are there plans for a marketplace where I can sell waypoints?
Honestly, I put this stuff together to use myself for Turkey, Deer, and Elk hunting. I thought it would be good as a website since I was getting asked questions from friends and family. What kind of gear? If your interested in selling waypoints I would be open to see what you had in mind. lol

Listen, I'm all for learning and figuring out how to hunt, where to hunt, how to be an ethical hunter, etc.

But speaking about specific areas isn't helpful in the long run. As a new hunter I am sure you've noticed how many more hunters, on top of other recreational users are in the mountains of CO. Speaking of specific areas in a public forum doesn't help. And some would even consider it somewhat unethical.

It's more helpful to give links to the specific agencies like CPW and point people to their resources.

If you are looking for general tips on being more successful in reading sign, wind, terrain, animal behavior etc, I think most folks would be more than willing to help.
I really appreciate this response. I’m not trying to share anything that isn’t public already. For the moment all I did was crosswalk game units to SWAs in Colorado to show success rates in those SWAs. I found it helpful. I wanted to share that.

So you’re showing that success rates in a certain unit equals the success rates for any SWA in that unit?

So you’re showing that success rates in a certain unit equals the success rates for any SWA in that unit?
For now, yes. There isn’t enough data to show an exact success rate of that unit from what I can see. Also, CPW just samples 25% of people with licenses to get their stats, so we don’t really know for sure what the true success rate is. It’s just an estimate.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back