sunset18x10.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 569
  • falls28x10.jpg
    falls28x10.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 560
  • flower238x10.jpg
    flower238x10.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 495
Wow! oak and mdunc8, excellent pics. Makes me want to buy something better than a pocket camera.

X 2 awesome pic's

Couple more Eastern Shore pic's Skia Hunting
IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0454.jpg

Last edited:
Some of my favorites

Super pictures! I'm a little intimidated by the quality of the pictures posted in this thread. Maybe some of mine will stand on their subject matter. They are certainly not of equal clarity. Many of mine were taken as 35mm slides and converted to digital images.

First picture is glassing bighorns in high in the Absaroka Range in Wyoming
bighorn 069.jpg

This might be my all time favorite. It's of myself and Jim Ford after he shot his ram late in the day at 11,000 ft elevation in the Absaroka Range in Wyoming. We spent the night keeping this fire going. I used my timer without the convenience of having a tripod.
cropped-modified02222 (2).jpg

Jim heading out the next morning
Hunting in Wyoming (22).jpg

An elk hunter's dream - Got the drop on a herd with a nice 6-pt (hidden from view) high up near the Yellowstone Park boundary. I passed on the bull even though he was larger than I had ever shot. Couple of days later I was glad I did!
elk  111.jpg

Madison River, Yellowstone Park!
scanned slide  (2).jpg

Planning an attack on a herd of elk! They made their move after it was too dark to get pictures thru my scope.
YS Wolves '08 032.jpg

Super Cub coming in to pick up our caribou in the MacKenzie Mountains, NWT
NWT 2009 - 056.JPG

Last load out with dall sheep in the Nutzotin Mountains of Alaska. Note: I was in the back seat when we touched down and the bungy cord in the the right landing gear broke.
Stone & Dall 023.jpg

Fishing steelhead on the Salmon River upstream from Mackey Bar
Fishingcover0001.jpg

Buckeye not sure he wants to follow to close to Tyler (my son) and his elk antlers!
IMG_0896.JPG

Favorite picture of myself with a trophy. Hunted Stone Sheep in B.C. for $1750 in 1973!
Stone & Dall 022.jpg

Coming out of sheep camp with our rams. Nutzotin Mountains, Alaska
Stone & Dall 043.jpg

Just made a good shot 300-yards downhill. My ram hung up nicely on the ledge where his partner is still standing. Then he kicked one more time and took the worst tumble I've ever seen. Alaska.
Stone & Dall 045.jpg

Tyler glassing some rams at the end of the rainbow. Alaska.
Stone & Dall 063.jpg

The Mountain caribou I wanted, but didn't get. Selwyn Mountains of the Yukon.
Yukon 2008    040.JPG

Last edited:
Worry not Mike, your shots are great !
I believe as others viewing this thread agree that these photos and words afford those of us who have not experienced some of these happenings to continue to dream !

Here are a few from New Mexico.

Gila Sunset
Landscape.jpg

Burned up old pine
Landscape II.jpg

The lonely one
Landscape III.jpg

Summer monsoon
Landscape IV.jpg

Tarantula
Landscape - spider.jpg

Sunset glassing for pronghorn
Landscape - goats.jpg

Wow we are truly blessed with some of the worlds greatest sceneries. Amazing photo's.
Re-accuring issues related to my concusion kept me out of the hills most of this year. However I was able to get out a couple times. I'm only allowed in the high country with my Spot and a GPS unless I'm with somebody due to a little memory loss at times. I couldn't think of a finer place to get lost.
Grizzly-1.jpg

Castle.jpg

octpic4.jpg

m8.jpg

I haven't been out much this season, first shot is during teal season my honey hole was DRY dry dry dry dry. I did get to see a do and her twins mill around and watch a raptor cruise for mice so that was cool, second pic is all the outdoor time I get right now. I sponsor a fishing club @ a local middle school. I take a good group ten kids fishing every Friday. it's got a decent enough view I guess and the kids have a blast.

Attachments

• no water.jpg
    no water.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 381
  • fishing club.jpg
    fishing club.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 390
Public land in MN.

Attachments

• 2012-12-01_15-19-09_364.jpg
    2012-12-01_15-19-09_364.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
My favorite placed I hiked into this last summer.

Attachments

• moon lake 020.JPG
    moon lake 020.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 385
Boy you guys make me want a DSLR. Here are some from a recent public land mule deer hunt.
IMG_0256_zps0670cf5b.jpg

IMG_0230_zpse8e781cb.jpg

Here are my favorite 'hero shots'. My public land rifle muley from this year and my brothers rifle whitetail from last year.
IMG_0112_zpsc1597242.jpg

20aeb570.jpg

Back