SFC B no more :)

Congrats on the retirement, try to enjoy it as much as possible. Thanks for your service.
. . .and remember, absolutely NO big bucks in Indiana. . . .lol

Thanks for your service! It's a wonderful thing being out of the Army and retired. Hunting and Happiness will grow in leaps and bounds. Congrats! You know ID has a pretty good DAV license/tag fee program for DAV. You should come up and hunt.

1 pointer beat me to it...gonna ask if you were coming back east.

Dude, coming from another medically retired soldier, it's all fun and games until reality sets in. One day you're going to wake up and the loss is going to set in of your whole adult life and your identity and who your are and what you are and what's you've been will all be gone. It's great that you're a God fearing man and a husband and father and all of that, but you know first hand the brotherhood of being in the military and having that identity of being a soldier and the pride that comes with wearing that uniform. Being a husband and father doesn't replace that part of your life and who you are/were. I'm just telling you this because I've been out since 07 and I'm still going through this. There's a void that can't be filled by being a father and husband and hunting and fishing and doing whatever you can to try and make up for your new found free time. Dude, you were a soldier, and nothing will and can ever replace that. Happy retirement, by the way!!

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back