SF0085 tabled until...

BuzzH

The Resident Preference Point bill has been tabled until Wednesday.

Just got back from Cheyenne.

The public testimony heard on SF0085 is over, but they tabled the decision until Wednesday regarding the bill passing the house committee.

Found out a few things regarding the bill. It appears, from talking to a group of Natrona County sportsmen, that they asked Senator Hicks to carry this bill for them. Not quite sure it was Senator Hick's constituents like has been claimed by some.

Now would be a very good time to get your phone calls and emails sent in to the House TRW Committee one way or the other.

Senator Hicks is pretty hung up on the issue of a preference point system being "fair"...

Funny that he stormed off when I asked him whats "fair" about a landowner preference system where they dont have to have a single preference point to draw every single tag in the State of Wyoming, every single year.

He didnt want to talk about the fairness of that system...cat had his tongue I guess.

Get those emails and phone calls in...this ones going to be close I think.

It was good to go over and testify as well. I hope we can kill this beast.
I took my 3 oldest daughters (ages 13 - 9) to help with the youth side of things. ;)

We've only got today to kill this thing. Help us out!!!

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

More emails sent to all the committee members yesterday. It's obvious from one email response that I got back from Legislator Jaggi that Hicks is bombarding them all with all kinds of BS numbers and false "facts" to try and ram this Bill through!

More emails sent to all the committee members yesterday. It's obvious from one email response that I got back from Legislator Jaggi that Hicks is bombarding them all with all kinds of BS numbers and false "facts" to try and ram this Bill through!

A politician wouldn't use BS numbers...:mad:

Just read an email that Hicks sent someone else...he's worried his preference bill isnt going to pass.

Its going to come down to the wire.

BuzzH---I just got an email response from another Legislator that says they are being "bombarded" with negative email on the Bill, but I hit delete and can't remember which one it was (one of the ladies, I think)!

Could someone explain the objections to the pp bill? I haven't seen an explanation and would like to understand.
I thought it was a good idea but obviously I don't understand.
I've been putting in for the hunt area I live in for years and have never drawn so I thought this bill would give me a chance to finally draw at least once in my life.

A couple things wrong with a straight PP system is the people who get in on the ground floor and have maximum PPs may end up the only ones to ever draw a tag in the tough units with few tags and many applicants. It gets to where there is so much point creep and if tags are decreased for any reason the odds even get worse to where it may be a OIL tag if you even live long enough. The kids that aren't old enough to even start buying PPs also get left out of the running for any of the better units too.

NOTE: The Bill passed today 8-1 after the committee changed the PP cost to $10 and made it a 50/50 deal with half the tags going into a PP pool and the other half into the random draw. It will now go for full hearings before all the Legislators.

Last edited:
Actually, I just got word that it has to go to a conference committee to be agreed upon by the Senate and the House since there are essentially 2 different bills now (with the amendments). I hear the committee is made up of 5 from each the house and the senate...

Lots of effort for a pointless bill...pun there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back