Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Sewing is gay...

schmalts

But i did it to make this kick ass catanary cut hex fly for my jungle hammock or ground camping. 12 feet across the ridge line. Made my own sil-nylon from cheap light weight 1.2oz rip-stop from wal-mart and then took clear silicon (caulk tube) and thinned it out with mineral spirits and applied it with a paint roller after the project was done and hanging taunt. So far it went a rain shower last night and a sprinkler barrage without one drip inside. Money invested, 18$ and a lot of free time:D Should weigh in about 18 oz.
P1040413.jpg

You're gonna make someone a damn good wife.:D Cool idea...you think of it?

No I didn't think of it. Found it on the Hammock camping forums (yes there is a forum for everything)
normally sil-nylon is around $6 a yard. I made this stuff for about 1.25 a yard including the silicon.

Yes sewing is gay and you are a definite butt-pirate.

whatever HOMO! Maybe if you were as gay you could sew up your lucky underware and actually arrow a bull again:cool:

I was going to buy one of these and thought fugg it, I can make anything, i can make this as well. saved myself $160.00
I am not sure if I would do it again. The wife has a crappy sewing machine and it probably took me 7 hours to make the thing.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back