Semi Custom/ handloaded ammo opinions

Okay I’ll give hammers a look. Not sure how I feel about a bullet that is built to come apart but I’m open to the idea. Wasn’t aware they made a tipped version but I’m seeing they do now.
Hammer also has a custom load development service.

I still see the button for it in the Products page, but its a dead end now.
I would call them and ask about it. They are great guys and easy to talk with.

@mtmuley might know
They might have stopped any development until after hunting season. They are in Idaho now and off to the Breaks next week. I will be talking to Steve over the weekend and will find out what is going on with the development end. mtmuley

Something bothered me about this from the begining. Think I found it. seml custom! What is that? You either shoot custom ammo or facory ammo. Why would you figure up a load to use them have someone else load it for you? If it's ugly your not gonna know it till you pull the trigger! I have loaded ammo for other people but I refuse to do it unless I have their rifle to test it out of! If not there is no way of telling how your chamber match's up the the rifle used to develope the load, that could get ugly. Then again you might get pretty good ammo shooting from a rifle that is a lot better than the ammo you feed it. Find someone you know that does well loading and talk him into developing a load with and for your gun!

Something bothered me about this from the begining. Think I found it. seml custom! What is that? You either shoot custom ammo or facory ammo. Why would you figure up a load to use them have someone else load it for you? If it's ugly your not gonna know it till you pull the trigger! I have loaded ammo for other people but I refuse to do it unless I have their rifle to test it out of! If not there is no way of telling how your chamber match's up the the rifle used to develope the load, that could get ugly. Then again you might get pretty good ammo shooting from a rifle that is a lot better than the ammo you feed it. Find someone you know that does well loading and talk him into developing a load with and for your gun!

Semantics.

I think if you are hung up on the words Semi custom then I may have used the wrong terminology. I was going for ammo loaded by a small shop that offers load options not offered by the big companies.

You do have the time to reload! I get it that it seems overwhelming and must take forever to master. I too felt that apprehension before I started. Consider this, how much time have you dedicated to speculative bullshit with this group of bullshitters? And I know, we HTers are terrific bullshitters, expert level.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back