Semi auto shotgun

Franchi Affinity fits me fine after using the drop shims. Has seen low maintenance and is a very solid rig. I like the Benelli M2 my son has as well.

If you peruse enough used racks you'll find a swath of beautiful shotguns in that price range. I personally own a Benelli SBE 1 that you could probably find for $600-800 on a used rack while the new versions go for over $1500. There's also the M2 that you'll probably find. Another option that I've enjoyed in the past is the Remington 1100. Both Benellis and Remington 870s/1100s fit me perfectly. And the last time I looked in the shotgun rack at the Scheels in Fargo it was loaded with them.

I have shot my Beretta A390 for the last 24 years and couldn't possibly be happier. I also have a 391 that I love. My son has a Winchester SX3 and although it is a nice gun, it isn't in the class of a Beretta. My daughter shoots a Browning Silver and has shot in trap leagues for the last few years with it. Nothing wrong with that choice either. Stick with one of the Bs and you will be happy (Beretta, Benelli, Browning).

You can get a new SX3 or SX4 for about $850 if you keep a look out. Great gun for the price, I now have 3 buddies with them and they are all happy. Personally I have an SBE I and an SBEII and love them. Bought the SBEII used for $650

I’ve got a Beretta 390 and 391 and 1301. All have been outstanding. The 390 was is hunter, the 391 is my clays gun and the 1301 is set up for 3 gun. You can’t go wrong with a Beretta.

Unless you are really recoil sensitive, I would go with one of the recoil operated guns, and I would try and find a Benelli M2 or Montifeltro
For hunting I definitely agree - but for multiple rounds of sporting clays gas is nice even if you don't mind recoil.

Go to a store and mount them all to your shoulder. Pick the one that fits you best. Last time I went to buy a gun I was dead set on Browning till I put the Winchester to my shoulder. Both are great guns but I’ll shoot the one that fits me best so I bought the Winchester.

A300 is as good as any and goes for under $600 on sale.

Looking for a new scatter gun. Any suggestions for around the $800 range. I’m currently leaning towards the Beretta A300 and the browning silver.

I've had my Beretta AL390 since I was 18, haven't had a misfire or misfeed the whole time I've owned it, 20 years now. I've put thousands and thousands of rounds through it from waterfowl hunting to competitive trap and skeet leagues, I don't think I'll ever need to replace it.

Any of you guys with gas guns have problems with them not cycling in the bitter cold, around zero and under? I've never had cold related cycling issues with either of my inertia guns, but I've had several people tell me they've had problems with their gas guns in the cold.
Another option similar to the franchi would be a stoeger, also owned by benelli, that will be under 800.

Only if it’s really dirty. Ive used mine down to -20. You get a funny ice crystal explosion when you touch one off and there’s an ice crust on the gun.

Pick a reputable manufacturer (Browning, Benelli, Remington, Etc.) and get an expert shotgunner to make sure it FITS you. It doesn’t matter how good the gun is if it’s not the right fit.

Unless you are really recoil sensitive, I would go with one of the recoil operated guns, and I would try and find a Benelli M2 or Montifeltro
We just got the girlfriend a Beretta a400 in 12ga, it is the softest shooting shotgun I have ever shot. She was fine after a round of 100 at sporting clays.

Pick a reputable manufacturer (Browning, Benelli, Remington, Etc.) and get an expert shotgunner to make sure it FITS you. It doesn’t matter how good the gun is if it’s not the right fit.
With the Berettas you can fit yourself as they come with stock wedges for cast and pitch

50bowhunter. The only recommendation that really means anything is your own. Go see what you can find and look at them. Pick them up and mount them! You might feel someone on here the expert but they are only pretty much expert in what they prefer! Question will come down to what would you prefer? You can only know by going out and looking. I've had only two semi auto in my life. In my expert opinion, get a Browning Double Auto if you can find one. Better yet get a nice SxS. I've had a lot of SxS's and I'd still say the only opinion that count's will be your's! I'm pretty partial to my AyA's. Get two and take someone along to load for you and it's pretty much like semi auto! :)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back