Caribou Gear Tarp

Selecting a MT. FWP Director

....wow, just wow.

When compared to Montana?

I doubt you'll find one hunter from Montana on this forum that would rather go to Colorado's style of season structures and OTC tags.

Now compared to non-elk States or those with very limited tags, YES we have it pretty good, but not when compared to Montana

Unfortunately the vast majority of the really good graduate schools for chemistry are in places with limited hunting and fishing opportunities. Since CSU actually has a decent organic chem department with professors who do good research, I am giving the idea of coming back to Fort Collins a real hard look. That being said wherever I end up I am dreading the drop off in the hunting and fishing quality from southwest Montana. I like being able to hunt for a month for deer and elk since it allows me to pick my time to avoid the crowds, and with a general license I can pick a lot of different areas to hunt. I love being able to hunt spring bears. And the stream access law in Montana is amazing and lets me fish water I likely wouldn't be able to fish in Colorado. Colorado is certainly better than Los Angeles. Boston or Berkeley, but it doesn't compare to the opportunities in Montana.

Unfortunately the vast majority of the really good graduate schools for chemistry are in places with limited hunting and fishing opportunities. Since CSU actually has a decent organic chem department with professors who do good research, I am giving the idea of coming back to Fort Collins a real hard look. That being said wherever I end up I am dreading the drop off in the hunting and fishing quality from southwest Montana. I like being able to hunt for a month for deer and elk since it allows me to pick my time to avoid the crowds, and with a general license I can pick a lot of different areas to hunt. I love being able to hunt spring bears. And the stream access law in Montana is amazing and lets me fish water I likely wouldn't be able to fish in Colorado. Colorado is certainly better than Los Angeles. Boston or Berkeley, but it doesn't compare to the opportunities in Montana.

What about WSU? Just a stone's throw from Idaho.

I have a cousin there for vet school, so when I checked I was really hoping that they would have what I wanted to do but I didn't find it there. The next best bet in the west(outside California) is Oregon State.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back