Seeth's unexpected FULL fall of "good" hunts

So made my way over to alamosa this afternoon just in time to get in 30 minutes of scouting. This place might as well be the north pole because it's so fricken cold and all water is froze up, even the Rio grande. I did find one small spot on the refuge with open water and there were 5 cinnamon teal on it! At least a slight bit of hope for tomorrow morning

So made my way over to alamosa this afternoon just in time to get in 30 minutes of scouting. This place might as well be the north pole because it's so fricken cold and all water is froze up, even the Rio grande. I did find one small spot on the refuge with open water and there were 5 cinnamon teal on it! At least a slight bit of hope for tomorrow morning
Good luck, be safe.

4 degrees and still going out after ducks is what separates the real waterfowl hunters from the pretenders. However, my hole was totally frozen and after 30 minutes of busting my ass off breaking ice creating a sexy looking hole for ducks to land, no ducks wanted to fly by. Saw one group of 4 mallards. They landed in open water 200 yards away....wish I would have found that open water this morning...ugh

20221125_063517.jpg

I found the ducks but I don't think I have it in me to stay here as I have 18 hours to drive home by 6pm Sunday. Think I'll keep the spot in the back if my mind and start the trek home and maybe find a spot for tomorrow morning yet.

I've been solo hunting and on the road with just my dog since wed morning. It's only Friday and I'm realizing that hunting is way more fun with a friend. I'm very thankful and glad that I have a wife that is always willing to go because I don't think I would want to do this solo stuff all the time.

Almost an hour required to make this hole....river was 100% froze shut. I intentionally didn't shoot all the ducks that worked in while I was making the hole, saving it hopefully for a huge limit shoot tomorrow. I shot the one right when I was done, a single that gave it up silly to the open water with no deeks out lol
20221202_073046.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back