Seekins Rifles

Europe

if this has been discussed before please just direct me to the thread

if not

Your opinion of the "Seekins Precision Havak Rifle" AS a hunting rifle ?

thank you

I haven’t shot one, but as I was doing research into my most recent rifle purchase I read a lot of good reviews about them as a mid-high end option for a hunter that doesn’t want to go through the trouble of selecting individual parts and commissioning a gunsmith to build. In the end I went with the Bergara Premier line as I didn’t find any reason to justify the extra $300-$900 for the Seekins. At that added price point, if I had the time I would have gone full custom build.

Jazzed up platforms.... cool utilitarian looking actions, optics rail, fluting of different configurations, extended mag, game warden configured stock. They catch your eye & are definitely not your grandfather's rifle. Hip tacticoolish ads that emphasize accuracy, quality, and service commitment. I like em & will definitely handle one next week at the Dallas Safari Club Show....assuming they booth.

thanks guys.

let me know what you think, if they are there Harley

fellow I know got one, likes it, but says it is heavy ( 9 lbs with glass ) but shot great right out of the box and was surprised at the lack of recoil ( 300 wm ) or less than other 300wm he has or has shot anyway

appreciate the replies

vikingsguy, thank you

to put a finer point on this, and I know this is not important to anyone these days, but I was trying to figure out the action and I am assuming it is a "type" of CRF. She is looking at th Havak Element, so if they have one at the show Harley. Is it a CRF ? it weighs 5.5 so wth glass 7.5 possibly with a suppressor, 9 lbs ?????.

IMHO that is a lot of money, but you fellows, after seeing it, might say, it is worth every penny.

vikings guy, I was never able to do the brake thing, but folks tell me that I would like the suppressor on my 375 H & H Maybe (-:

thanks again for the guidance and the "look' at the show, hope they are there

vikingsguy, thank you

to put a finer point on this, and I know this is not important to anyone these days, but I was trying to figure out the action and I am assuming it is a "type" of CRF. She is looking at th Havak Element, so if they have one at the show Harley. Is it a CRF ? it weighs 5.5 so wth glass 7.5 possibly with a suppressor, 9 lbs ?????.

IMHO that is a lot of money, but you fellows, after seeing it, might say, it is worth every penny.

vikings guy, I was never able to do the brake thing, but folks tell me that I would like the suppressor on my 375 H & H Maybe (-:

thanks again for the guidance and the "look' at the show, hope they are there

I don't own any of their rifles yet, but having talked to people that do, I wouldn't be worried about the rifle at all - other than if the cost is a deal breaker. I really like their scope rings and have always heard good things about the company as a whole.

I see all the "what about this rifle" threads and I wonder why the AWR is passed by. Search brockel's reviews. Half the price of a Seekins. mtmuley

It has an M16 style extractor April....truth be told the 21" barrel would be a deal breaker for me. I'd bet they are at Safari next Saturday.

Europe,

In all honesty if i had the money, there is one i would buy from before all others.

New Ultralight Arms 24B in 284 Win.
Melvin Forbes is the man when it comes to super light, super accurate!

thanks Ken, let me know what you think when you have one in your hands, thank you!

fishing for sanity, thank you

mtmuley, I have passed your recommendation along

std7mag---yes and no (-: everything I can find out speaks well of him and his rifles, even the production models , However if I purchased one, the 6.5 x 55 would be the one to get (-; And from a personal point of view, and this rifle is not for me, I never was able to warm up to anything that was not wood, even the lighter, lighter, lighter was never me----but she likes light and plastic, so -----. Seriously, thank you all information is appreciated.

Last edited:
Come on more guys gotta own one or have shot them?

They have a couple Seekins at the Scheels here in town. I’ve looked at them a bunch but never asked to hold one. I think they are the PH2 model, not the Element. if I get a chance I’ll go check one out and give you my impression.

thanks Ken, let me know what you think when you have one in your hands, thank you!

fishing for sanity, thank you

mtmuley, I have passed your recommendation along

std7mag---yes and no (-: everything I can find out speaks well of him and his rifles, even the production models , However if I purchased one, the 6.5 x 55 would be the one to get (-; And from a personal point of view, and this rifle is not for me, I never was able to warm up to anything that was not wood, even the lighter, lighter, lighter was never me----but she likes light and plastic, so -----. Seriously, thank you all information is appreciated.

April,
Actually, i did buy one, albeit previously enjoyed.
I snagged a Forbes 24B in 280 Rem for $995.
Melvin has had several buy outs over the years. Colt being one of them.
He (Melvin) didn't like what they were doing, and bought the company back.
He will still stand behind anything with his name attached to it.

He named his new company NULA, to help separate himself from the periods where he wasn't running the company.

Side note, if you call the company, most likely Melvin is the one answering the phones.
Ask me how i know.... ;)

And the stocks are not plastic. They are a hand laid composite. My rifle with scope weighs just under 7lbs.

Last edited:
April,
Instead of a brake on the 375 H&H, there is nothing that says you have to use full power loads when practicing, or just shooting for enjoyment.
There are powders out there that give enough case fill, with decent velocities that won't recoil near as much.

Had your friend thought of the Tikka Hunter? Blued & wood, and available in the 6.5X55.

April,
Instead of a brake on the 375 H&H, there is nothing that says you have to use full power loads when practicing, or just shooting for enjoyment.
There are powders out there that give enough case fill, with decent velocities that won't recoil near as much.

Had your friend thought of the Tikka Hunter? Blued & wood, and available in the 6.5X55.

thank you, both your post and information provided via pm, has been shared with her and we both appreciate your taking the time to share your knowledge with us.

Those Tikka's are NICE !! Thanks you, good idea, and caliber

Mlaird , by all means, please do and thank you

88man thanks for stirring things up----- some great new suggestions and possibly some will be able to give their opinion after seeing them, handling them, asking those who make them face to face questions--thank you

Last edited:
April, i just found this thread.....I wouldn't have been much help at the time anyway......but since that time I started selling guns PT at Scheels here in the Springs. I have shot every platform Seekins makes (ARs, PH2s, Bravo, and chasis rifles) and I find them to be the best choice for folks that can swing the $$$$ (and I find them a great value) for a couple of reasons. 1) Their accuracy is guarantee is not some arbitrary "MOA" number, it is your satisfaction as a shooter. If you don't like how it is shooting you send it back to them on THEIR dime, they will have a former Special Forces sniper shoot it on video to show your the load they used and results and send those to you. If they can't make you happy they will simply buy the rifle back from you. 2) They also have an unlimited, lifetime guarantee on the rifle....run over it with a truck? No problem, send them the gun/parts and they will fix or replace it....no matter what or how it was damaged, forever, all they want to know is the story ;)

To run home how highly regarded they are with those of us in the shop about 80% of us own at least one of them (I am waiting on a Manbun myself). My groups at the range day with the bolt guns at 200m averaged about .4moa.

Their ARs (with all the same guarantees) start at a ridiculously cheap $899 :)

Attachments

• 20210211_113308.jpg
    20210211_113308.jpg
    858.6 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back