Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Seek Outside getting heat for hosting gun control nut Ryan Busse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first off I think some of you might have missed the point of why I posted my thread over there in the first place. I knew who Busse was from his twitter account, which if you take a look at it, is pretty darn hateful toward anyone that doesn’t think like he does.

So I was surprised to see SO dip their toes into the political arena with anyone that controversial.

I worded the the thread title, “Why is SO giving a gun control advocate air time?” In the form of a question on purpose. Perhaps I could’ve been more articulate about how I worded it, but my intent was a question.

If the answer was to have an honest debate about gun control, with at least a little push back to his agenda, then that thread would’ve rightfully turned into a nothing burger, and SO would’ve been no worse for wear.

But it wasn’t, it was more or less an opportunity for Busse to push his book and his views more or less with SO’s endorsement. Take a listen and decide for yourself, and please come to your own conclusions.

As the thread evolved it came to light through others that not only had Busse worked directly for the Biden campaign and Gabby Giffords gun control efforts, but that SO’s founder and owner was just as vocal and partisan in not only his support for gun control, but Biden and the Democratic Party in general publicly on both twitter and Facebook. This was all captured in screenshots and posted.

Those public twitter and facebook accounts were then shut down, and a half hearted “clarification” that more or less said nothing was posted by SO.

This is my brief attempt to summarize the issue and the thread over there as accurately and succinctly as possible without bias. I never sought out to blow this up the way it has, I was simply a loyal customer looking for clarification on an issue that I was passionate about. All of what has come to light was because of SO’s own publicly available postings and actions.

Bottom line I feel like it’s unfair for companies with diverse customer bases to publicly comment on any hot button political issue. I’m saddened that they did and disappointed. What everyone chooses to do in light of it is their own choice and theirs alone.
What a load of crap...you weren't asking a question.

You wanting to talk about honesty is a joke.

You knew exactly where that thread would go when you posted it and got the result you wanted from the same half dozen wingnuts on rokslide.

Great "discussion"...

What a load of crap...you weren't asking a question.

You wanting to talk about honesty is a joke.

You knew exactly where that thread would go when you posted it and got the result you wanted from the same half dozen wingnuts on rokslide.

Great "discussion"...
Well you are welcome to come join the discussion over there if you’d like.

Oh wait…

So does Mr. Busse and Kevin Timm.
So you do the same thing and have no problem reconciling that?

I'm just asking a question...

Oh, and another question, if you were looking for an "honest discussion", why in your first post did you exclaim you would be cancelling SO?

Just asking, looking for some discussion...

Seems to me shallow water and shallow minds both freeze first.

Last edited:
So does Mr. Busse and Kevin Timm.
Another question...how do you "form an opinion" while admitting you never even listened to the podcast before you planted your cancel flag?

So strange...almost as if your opinion was formed prior to any facts or in your words, "honest questions and discussion" even happened.

Also peculiar you would use the term, "trying to inform"...when you claim discussion and questions were what you were seeking...almost a pun there.

So you do the same thing and have no problem reconciling that?

I'm just asking a question...

Oh, and another question, if you were looking for an "honest discussion", why in your first post did you exclaim you would be cancelling SO?

Just asking, looking for some discussion...

Seems to me shallow water and shallow minds both freeze first.
First off, I’m not doing the same thing. My posts on rokslide are all there for the world to see, unlike Kevin Timm’s twitter and facebook.

In my original post I was very explicit I wanted to know what the purpose was for having Busse on the podcast. It’s literally in the thread title. I also explicitly stated I was not trying to cancel seek outside. I indeed had not had a chance to listen to the episode yet when I made my first post about it, and readily admitted to it, and further admitted that I might have jumped the gun. Unfortunately I had not.

Eventually the reason the podcast was aired became readily apparent, both between Kevin Timm’s at the time publicly available twitter and facebook, and the podcast itself.

Even with all that, after some reflection on the issue, I clearly stated in the other thread (and still state) that if Kevin Timm had just owned his political viewpoints, and apologized for using his company to promote them and promised not to do so in the future, I would still be a customer, despite my disagreement with his views personally. Instead he cowered from them, attempted to hide them, and never addressed the elephant in the room.

Finally both you and I know that you were banned from rokslide for the exact behavior you are displaying now. Only one person came into this thread to be purposefully disruptive. I’m surprised @Big Fin tolerates it, I’m glad roklide no longer does.

With that I’ve said my piece and will I longer be posting in this thread. If you want to further explore my views on the matter, they are all on display at rokslide. I simply don’t have the time.

Last edited:
First off, I’m not doing the same thing. My posts on rokslide are all there for the world to see, unlike Kevin Timm’s twitter and facebook.

In my original post I was very explicit I wanted to know what the purpose was for having Busse on the podcast. It’s literally in the thread title. I also explicitly stated I was not trying to cancel seek outside. I indeed had not had a chance to listen to the episode yet when I made my first post about it, and readily admitted to it, and further admitted that I might have jumped the gun. Unfortunately I had not.

Eventually the reason the podcast was aired became readily apparent, both between Kevin Timm’s at the time publicly available twitter and facebook, and the podcast itself.

Even with all that, after some reflection on the issue, I clearly stated in the other thread (and still state) that if Kevin Timm had just owned his political viewpoints, and apologized for using his company to promote them and promised not to do so in the future, I would still be a customer, despite my disagreement with his views personally. Instead he cowered from them, attempted to hide them, and never addressed the elephant in the room.

Finally both you and I know that you were banned from rokslide for the exact behavior you are displaying now. Only one person came into this thread to be purposefully disruptive. I’m surprised @BigFin tolerates it, I’m glad roklide no longer does.

With that I’ve said my piece and will I longer be posting in this thread. If you want to further explore my views on the matter, they are all on display at rokslide.
Yes, its exactly the same thing, you're in denial.

If you want a discussion, then make it one and be honest.

Because honestly, I get sick and tired of ANY hunting related company, business, sporting group, etc. having to declare their complete loyalty to the alter of the second to appease people like you.

The way you and others operate is that you don't even allow them to have a neutral position, or even allow them to simply say they won't comment.

Why?

Because if said companies make that claim, you instantly jump their ass that remaining neutral or taking no position is just the same as not supporting the second.

If you don't proclaim to have 3 guns safes full of AR's then you're a no good commie, anti-American, anti constitutional, second amendment hating libtard.

See it all the time, including the thread you posted.

You're looking for confirmation bias and any reason to shove your views down the throats of others.

The VERY last thing you want is a discussion...your last post is a perfect example. As soon as the discussion REALLY starts, you bail out. Time to scamper back to your safe place.

You like to "ask questions", but afford nobody else the same. You also have real trouble answering them and seem pretty adverse to "discussion".

Last edited:
I don’t have the stamina or energy to argue have a discussion with @BuzzH on these threads but I will say I appreciate the OP @BuckeyeRifleman providing some additional backstory/context to the podcast. I’m a proud supporter of the “Go Woke go Broke” cancel culture movement. Kind of like how we canceled the sh*t out to the SL hunt expo the other day.

I also posted so I could get notified for the next 14 pages of grown men trying to change each others political views on a hunting thread…

Last edited:
I don’t have the stamina or energy to argue with @BuzzH on these threads but I will say I appreciate the OP @BuckeyeRifleman providing some additional backstory/context to the podcast. I’m a proud supporter of the “Go Woke go Broke” cancel culture movement. Kind of like how we canceled the sh*t out to the SL hunt expo the other day.

I also posted so I could get notified for the next 14 pages of grown men trying to change each others political views on a hunting thread…
Huh...thought it was a discussion?

I think that’s shocking to me, especially with members on the forum that are so lackadaisical about gun rights…

Feel free to flame away… Because you’re welcome to your opinion. But the reality is gun control to the people pushing for it means ALL guns.

Canada IS a perfect example. Lived there for 23 years and am blown away by what it’s become.

I chose to best support companies that align with my beliefs.

I also believe in freedom of choice and speech. Others are welcome to chose otherwise and I’ll respect their right to do so.
Honest question here, I don't know: can Canadian citizens living in Canada own and possess bolt action rifles?

I have to believe that if not already now, at best in 15 years, the vast majority of spending on high-end outdoor gear is done by non-hunters who live in suburban/urban areas. I prefer companies to not choose sides, but if they do, it will be to the left of how many would hope if they care about sales $$. Hunters remain a very small minority in this country - the self-selection bias of HT just gives us the illusion we exist in politically meaningful numbers. Many more folks will go to bat for dog parks and bike lanes than who will ever worry about hunting issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back