Seeing red over WY "coyote whacking."

Arkansashunter, you mean like this guy?

He was trespassing and driving roughly 70 mph chasing coyotes with kill dogs.

20141116_160155-jpg.106666

Pro predator management/anti torture methods here. People who run over dogs with sleds plus video it are for sure sick in their minds, same with those who sit back and watch at home.

PraireHunter needs a hug

Even for predators, I believe in quick, humane kills. Running a coyote down with a vehicle is not that. It is not an example of good sportsmanship or hunting ethics. In fact, people who do this ruin hunting access and opportunities for the rest of us.

I don't know why you are getting so worked up about running down a coyote or two, sounds like the Supreme Court just gave the green light to chasing down a herd of elk in deep snow and gunning down the whole herd with an AK47 as long as your ancestors signed a treaty giving you the right to hunt a 150+ years ago .

I did one time run a coyote down with a tractor and killed him by dropping the loader bucket on him. He didn't suffer. I didn't have a gun or I would have shot him. I figured that if the coyote would let me drive up to him in the tractor something wasn't right and he needed killing.

I don't know why you are getting so worked up about running down a coyote or two, sounds like the Supreme Court just gave the green light to chasing down a herd of elk in deep snow and gunning down the whole herd with an AK47 as long as your ancestors signed a treaty giving you the right to hunt a 150+ years ago .

I did one time run a coyote down with a tractor and killed him by dropping the loader bucket on him. He didn't suffer. I didn't have a gun or I would have shot him. I figured that if the coyote would let me drive up to him in the tractor something wasn't right and he needed killing.

I think it’s less about running one down and killing it, more about running them over repeatedly for fun, and other harassing/torturing the critter. No need for all that mess, just kill it and be done.

What were your thoughts on the "Shoot and let it die" changes made to the kangaroo hunting laws recently?
https://www.theland.com.au/story/5574700/new-kangaroo-culling-rules-start-today/

My state made the change a few years ago, it was ridiculous that we couldn't utilise the meat at all. It comes from the huge anti groups we have here that live in cities and think roos are endangered (the commercially harvested species total 50 million country wide).

Problem is, we've not been allowed to use roo meat for so long it's become a cultural thing. Having said that, hunting is still not legal outside Tasmania. It needs to be do be done under the provision of pest control.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back