Second Scouting Trip...

browtine

Administrator
So, lets say you draw a Kick-A tag out of state. Only have limited time to hunt and decide to "Phone A Friend" to help you scout. Here are your "options"

#1. Pay him thousands of dollars and never show up.

#2. Boast his ego by complements and telling him he doesnt look fat in those levis, and loose to him in a game of poker.

#3. Drive to that state, glass, and make sure you spot more bulls then anyone else helping you, and loose to him in poker.

#4. Drive to Utah, sleep in the truck as your shouffered around like a king, get out to glass, bitch about how cold it is and eat, drink, poop, sleep till your hearts content.

So, Moose Nutz picks #4 (like I needed to tell you guys that). If these photos don't tell the real story, nothing will. (GreenHorn, I think you wasted your time typing :) )

So, Wake up waaaaaaaaaaaaaay early, pick up my friend Ryan, and then proceed to moosies. Knock on door... Knock again, and again, and again.. Call his cell,... Still no answer. Proceed to look in windows until you see his "white moon" hanging over the couch outside the blanket.. knock repeatedly on window until he wakes up, see head raise with squinting eyes... sctratches ass then opens the window saying "whats up?".

On the road... get to our spot and start glassing.
asleep.JPG

About 30 minutes later...
DSC02353.JPG

Spot a nice bull, kick moosie a couple of times to wake him up, then explain where you are and to look IN the scope.

This is a pretty nice bull with a cheater off his right sword. His beam has a 1-2 inch cheater on the end of it as well. So its a 6x8.

DSC02338.JPG

Moosie liked the bull, played with nipples and began to gorge himself with food.

DSC02360.JPG

We move to a new spot... the next pictures I took to show you guys how serious this dork is taking this hunt. He ate more crap then a garbage disposal!

DSC02361.JPG

DSC02362.JPG

DSC02363.JPG

DSC02364.JPG

DSC02367.JPG

DSC02368.JPG

all in all Ryan and I spotted 25 bulls and one homo. Until Next Time

Idaho's loss is your gain.
Did you explain to him that elk ARE edible ?

For those of us who have already seen Moosie eat, any more elk photo's ?

Browtine is telling stories again. First off He's late like Usual... I'm anxiously waiting by the door at 4AM and he doesn't roll up till 4:04. I mean really, If we're 4 minutes late I'm gonig to kick some butt here. But, he does have a spot to go glass so I head with him and Ryan over to it. They are both tiered becasue they only went to bed at 10PM so I drove them while they slept the whole way.

2 hours later we arive 4 minutes late. I hop out when we hit the dirst road becuase Browtines like "DUDE, This is my new 1993 chevy, Wife said I can't get it dirty" I'm like , "Hey, there is a Bull in the road". Both Ryan and Browtines are like.. UHhh what ? Were ... How..... and Browtine is driving and more worried about the dust that is getting on his new ride then elk.

So we bail out of the truck and I see houses and Trampolines in backyards and thinking, WOW, I didn't know I would have to drive al the way to Utah to see more houses and no elk. Both Ryan and Browtine wip out the Simmons and Tasco Scopes and wonder why they aren't seeing anything.

So Since I am Clearly not in shape, I wolf down a couple of special donuts his Wife made for me. Something was in them I think and I really needed to go. So I chit on his truck. Afterwards, I find out I was the only one eaing them. HAHA, I wonder why.....

SO not seeing any other Elk then the one driving in, I tell him I'm going to nap since I drove most of the way in the morning while him and Ryan sleped in the back seat. I don't know why one of then didn't sit in the front and why they used a blanket back there but they are friends and non of my bid-nass.

No more elk were spotted that morning although We did see alot of 4-wheelers and people in their back yard. That 25 # he's talking about I think he's making up. So I get back into town and see he's copied a picture from the internet of a Bull someone else took a picture of.... Saiys it's a 6x8 ?!?!?! Makin' Chiz up.... Nice, real nice !!! I mean really, what kind of hunt can a guy go out and see 25 bulls in the first hour of the morning. No one here's buying that story Browtine :D

Wonder how long this thread will go.... ;)

Looks like some pretty nice bulls. Nice nipples too...

moose nutz, we need to put all the summer scouting, videos and posts into one and make that the best elk story on the net.

LOL!! I had forgot about this post... Moosie shoot me an email I'm looking for a pic from this hunt. I think it was the "teaser" pic before you showed the bull.

DUDE>... Epic Bring back to the top !!!!!

I think I have the Picture you need.......... I'll have to go look.

This is so funny, man things never change!!! I had forgotten how many freaking times your ass never got out of bed and we waited for you to get up!!! HAHA!!!!!!!!

arffdog875, If you look close at the last pic posted... uh yes!

Found the pic... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude... *yawn*..... Uhhhh, you make it seem *Stretch*.... that like I ..... Like... ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Back