SD was good to me this year.

mtmiller

Well I can't draw any other states, but thankfully SD was nice to me for 2006.

Draw Results

The current status of applications you have made.
This data is accurate as of: 8/8/2006 2:35:18 PM

2006 PRAIRIE SPRING TURKEY Draw Date: More Info
Craig Miller- Choice 1: 49A37 Choice 2:
Successful Successful Choice 1: 49A37

2006 BLACK HILLS DEER Draw Date: More Info
Craig Miller- Choice 1: BH105 Choice 2:
Successful Successful Choice 1: BH105

2006 WEST RIVER DEER Draw Date: More Info
Craig Miller- Choice 1: 49A08 Choice 2: 49A18
Successful Successful Choice 1: 49A08

Congrats Craig...better than a jab in the eye with a GoldTip anyday ;)
That's why I'm going OTC on deer/elk in Oregon in a couple of weeks---I can't draw chit

Happy b-day. Hey I got an antelope license and a mule deer doe tag this year. ..so there!

I'm not familiar with SD. Are those whitey, mule deer or either one?

Greenhorn said:
Happy b-day. Hey I got an antelope license and a mule deer doe tag this year. ..so there!
Don't worry Kurt, I checked your draws already.;) Thanks for the birthday wishes. Guess I am too old for mountain hunts. Now I can just drive around the prairies of SD, drink beer and shoot a few deer.;) BTW, you are not far behind you old bastage.:D

Oak said:
I'm not familiar with SD. Are those whitey, mule deer or either one?
Terry, the Hills tag is an any buck. The West River deer is any deer and any antlerless. No choice on the WR deer, have to apply for a double.:confused: Nothing like eating my extra tag.:(

Congrats on the drawings Craig......:)

OK, clear this up for me......you say you have to eat your extra tag. Does that mean the BH and the WR Any-Buck tags can only be used for one deer ?? You can't take a buck with each ?? Just wondering......no....actually, I am confused, LOL:D

Sorry, Oak was confused as well. My West River tag (prairie tag) is a double tag, one of which is a doe. I already have a three doe tags for MT, so I will probably eat the SD doe tag (No choice on the draw, only double tags available).

So to clear up my deer tags for the year--
SD Black Hills tag-any buck (1)
SD West River tag-any deer (1)
SD West River tag-any antlerless (1)
MT deer-any deer (1)
MT deer-whitetail doe (2)
MT deer-muley doe (1)

Better?:D

Thanks for clearing that up.....you know, I ain't stupid...just ignorant..:D

Looks like you may have to invest in another freezer........gonna be eating well for quite some time.......;)

Congrats Craig. deer are gonna die in SD.

I have:
archery any deer.
archery x2 anterless deer
Black hills rifle any deer
West River rifle any deer (unit 35a Harding county)
West River rifle any antlerless deer

Antelope and deer muzzleloader still pending. Take a look at the muzz season, it has trophy potential. it's a statewide 3 week season in december.

I'll get ramped up on deer when I return from the sheep hunt.

Three week December season...niiiccce. I think when I was living there the only ML tags were for does. Maybe I need to look into this. Christmas in Phoenix sucks anyway.:D

edit...just looked, only does opps for NR's. There was one hunt NR's were not able to hunt, I assume this was a buck tag?

Thanks for getting me fired up...not.;) :D

oops. sorry. didn't think to look for the non-res.

Didn't mean to get you all hot and bothered on a friday night in Havre, while sitting in front of the computer.

Back