SD Raffle

Even though the odds of winning this will probably be like winning the powerball I was very happy to see this. I was a longtime resident of South Dakota and had many PP's for elk and after moving to IA and not being able to apply for 5 years all those PP's and money down the drain. At least the PP fees for SD residents are cheap compared to other states. Anyway, as a nonresident you do now have a chance to draw a coveted, pretty much once in a lifetime tag (even for residents). On one hand I have felt like SD has been behind the times on how they manage wildlife and opportunities but on the other hand it makes me think about how much of this is about the almighty dollar.

Well I made my contribution. Hopefully it goes to some public land.

Today is the final chance!! Drawing will be held Monday, Aug. 19. Four days from now you could be scouting for elk in the Hills. Just sayin.
Gotta appreciate your effort!

I was lucky enough to draw a black hills elk tag this year with 15 points!! I wonder if I win this if I would be able to hunt elk again next year?!!!

Reactions: ZBB
With 50% of the tags going to land owners, even with a pile of points the odds aren’t exactly stellar for the rest of us peasants.

I threw $20 at a chance for a bison. Won't notice if I don't draw but will have a tag of a lifetime if I do. And, you know, conservation.

I was lucky enough to draw a black hills elk tag this year with 15 points!! I wonder if I win this if I would be able to hunt elk again next year?!!!
Damn you SDins and your PP! ND doesn't have PP for Elk/Moose. Annoys the hell out of me, someone who has put in for 40+ years like my dad should have a better chance than some random college kid that moved here for school.

I know, I was talking about the regular draw. Not appropriate for this thread, my bad.
Coincidentally the mounted elk in the pictures I posted I drew the tag as an 8th grader with no points! First big game critter I killed. Two other kids in my class had tags that year too. There was a lot of upset people about it.

Back