Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

SD Draw

well i didn't get the email but I got the card hit on a point...so I know what that means. :D That's OK. It looks like some local seasons line up pretty well for a lot of hunting this fall!!

South West corner of the state. Whitetail only.

I'm hoping my old honey holes still hold some nice bucks!

Wow! good draw! What area in WR?

I'm guessing I didn't draw since all of you have found out already. Mine says I can't buy a point because I've applied for a point this season. To me that says I didn't draw. Bummer...but that's how it goes!

Fall River any deer with 2 pref. pts. zero'd east river. County I applied ER had 900 apps with 000 pref pts. So much for improved odds of drawing under new system.

Reactions: LCH
I got skunked. 6 points for muzzleloader and 1 for ERD. Yup, this new system is awesome. Congrats to all who drew.

My daughter and I both drew (second choice for me). It is her first buck tag which is pretty cool. She benefited from the free preference point for first time applicant but normally the unit we apply for is a 2-3 year draw cycle. Pretty surprised we have any tags. Her tag has me more excited I have been about a tag in a long time.

My daughter and I both drew (second choice for me). It is her first buck tag which is pretty cool. She benefited from the free preference point for first time applicant but normally the unit we apply for is a 2-3 year draw cycle. Pretty surprised we have any tags. Her tag has me more excited I have been about a tag in a long time.

That's good to hear. I will be more excited when my son draws a buck tag as well. I can't wait!

Reactions: LCH
Congrats on the tags Btweedy! Please let us know how your hunt goes. I've been blessed to watch my daughter shoot 4 mule deer bucks. We didn't think she would draw this year so I put in for my first one. I drew but so did she so hopefully we can double up. Best wishes on your SD mule deer hunt and many others with her I hope! Special times!!

I had pretty good luck this year, I drew a Hills rifle any elk tag with 15 years of preference and A double white tail second choice. I think I'll be busy this fall!! Good luck everyone!
What unit for elk?
Zach

Drew my WR tag of choice. For those of you that didn’t draw don’t forget left over tags. I didn’t draw last year and picked up a doe tag and found me a new spot that I would have never thought about going to if it wasn’t for that left over doe tag I picked up

Cool! I had an archery tag in H2 two years ago. I was out at Trailshead restocking beer, and a guy was checking his bull from H1, it was a really nice bull. I had a picture of a bear track in a wallow that was out there too but I can’t find it. Good luck on the tag.
Zach

I had pretty good luck this year, I drew a Hills rifle any elk tag with 15 years of preference and A double white tail second choice. I think I'll be busy this fall!! Good luck everyone!
Nice!! I'm 17 years on my elk preference and nothing again this year. Let us all know how you do in elk season!

Well that sucks. I don’t know why it’s so popular, there are some big deer up there both mulies and whitetail. When I was growing up I knew there were two places to hunt, the hills and the slim buttes. That was all I heard of. But yes I’ve been up there for the opening of archery and it was a cf. Either way, maybe next year, that’s what I always tell myself haha
Zach

ZBB I drew the 35L tag this year, any tips or advice for that area? Will be my first time in SD. Thanks!

Cool! I had an archery tag in H2 two years ago. I was out at Trailshead restocking beer, and a guy was checking his bull from H1, it was a really nice bull. I had a picture of a bear track in a wallow that was out there too but I can’t find it. Good luck on the tag.
Zach
There was a black bear spotted by Spearfish about a week ago. Thanks Zach, we will be doing plenty of scouting ahead of time.

Reactions: ZBB
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back