ScreaminReel gets first squirrel

Nut

SR killed his first squirrel today. While we were at Bill M's home. I walked him in the woods there and at first saw 1 squirrel. Well that one did not pan out. So we walked a little farther. I told SR to watch carefully by the feeder. Well lo and behold one was there. :D It ran up a tree and ended up exactly 15 feet high and about 5 yards away. :cool: SR was just staring. I said "Well Shoot" :rolleyes: . So he puts up Bill's 410 combo shotgun and BANG!. Squirrel is hit. It struggles to stay on the end of branch. Slowly and ever so slowly it starts to slide down side of the branch. It finally is holding on just by its rear legs. Then it falls to the ground finally. While there it is convulsing and having spasms. Then it dies. Dale (SR) is in disbelief. He says "Wow I killed my first squirrel". So I tell him to pick it up. He does and I take a couple of pics(Got to get them developed yet).] All the way back to the house he is giggling like a little girl . ;) He is a happy fella now.

:D

Thanks Bill!

Well tell SR congrats for me Nut and sorry that TE missed. Nothing like a little roasted squirrel

Congrats to SR!!! And tell TurkeyEye that he isn't the first to miss a squirrel! ;)

Oak

That's great,now get the picture up Nut.
Your slipping ;) ;)
I better not say how many Steve has missed with his bow this year LOL
But he sure had them on the run :eek:

Those are some great pics Nut. Thank you for showing them.

Keep one squirrel foot for hunting. Cut it off and let it dry. When a squirrel is in a nest, scratch the trunk of the tree with the foot and it brings them out.

Nut!!!
You should a put this guy in the big game section and pawned it off as such, you may have gotten away with it...Congrats to the kid on his first kill...That is great!!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back